Hi, everyone!

fourthmuse

Reaction score
Hi, everyone! I've been lurking around here for a couple days and thought I'd introduce myself.

I'm Dani, i'm 26 and live in NC with my boyfriend, my roommate (not the same person lol) a dog and a cat.
I'm hearing, but I'll be going to school for ASL interpreter and psychology next year, so I thought I'd get a jump on things. I'm a nerd and love learning, so I've been annoying everyone with the new signs I learn lol.
Hope to talk to you all soon!

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. How did you come to learn about becoming an ASL interpreter in the future? Is your roommate or your boyfriend deaf or hard of hearing?

Have fun browsing around the forum and post on any topic that you want to discuss or debate with us. It (AllDeaf forum) will helps you and the hearing people learn and understand about us, Deafies and HOH (Hard Of Hearing).

See you around here. :wave:

Actually, I don't know anyone deaf/hard of hearing.
I have a habit of always teaching myself new things. So I started teaching myself ASL through a podcast I found. About halfway through the podcasts, I got frustrated and told my boyfriend I didn't even know why I was doing it. He said "Well, then you can be an interpreter!"
So, hopefully next year I'll be double majoring in interpreting and psychology. I love languages, and I find the inner workings of peoples minds fascinating, so I thought why not stick them together?

:hmm: So a chance remark decided your career path??

I always think throwing dice or reading tea leaves is a good plan for major life decisions. ;)

:welcome:

Well, I've always believed that you should do something you find enjoyable as a career. ASL is really fun, and so is psychology.

And hey, those tea leaves speak the truth! :p

Back