Hi everyone!

nope

Reaction score
I'm new here and I thought I would say hello officially, even though I've been looking around for a day or so. I'm 24 and just graduated with a degree, then decided that's not what I wanted to do. Now I find myself back in college working towards a degree in ASL Interpreting.

I'm a baby signer :) Lol. I'm struggling to learn as much as I can, but there isn't a whole lot of opportunity at my school. I'm applying to RIT/NTID over the next month, desperately hoping they'll have me next year. Even though my school has an interpreting program, it's pitiful. There is virtually no Deaf community in this town and when I asked about Deaf culture I got blank stares from the faculty. A kind lady pointed me in this direction and I'm so thankful. I'm trying to learn as much about Deaf Culture as I can, and maybe I can limit the amount of culture shock I experience when/if I get to transfer. We lived in Europe when I was little and when we moved to the US I was completely unprepared. I imagined all of America was like TV and the movies :roll:

Sorry for babbling on, but I'm just so thankful to everyone here for how much I've already learned in a few hours of browsing the forum. Please forgive me if I say things that aren't p.c. or offend anyone -- I don't mean to, honest!

Lol - yup! I'm a baby now 'cause I'm new... new like babies. One day I'll be a kid signer, maybe even a teen signer, but not for a very long time. My French teacher used to call us French babies, so maybe that's where I got it from. Or maybe I'm just weird.

Also, depending upon your location, you are a night owl too, my friend!

:welcome: to Alldeaf, Nope! :)

At first I read that as "baby singer" :lol: and I thought, "Babies sing?"

Hi babyterp. Ha! Welcome to alldeaf, hope you enjoy.

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. So you are new to the Sign language like ASL, pretty cool. :cool2: Don't worry, you will get the hang of it and go with the flow. You will be fine once you get settle. I do hope you have fun reading and posting all the threads here. See you around, Nope. :thumb: :wave:

Back