Hi everyone....

jules77

Reaction score
I hope I am allowed to post here being I am not hard of hearing or deaf, but I have met a few deaf people in the last few years and I've enjoyed getting to know one of them. I have a lot of questions to ask those of you who have been deaf since birth, but I don't know how to ask them.

:wave: :welcome: to Alldeaf jules77!!!! I hope you will enjoy being on AD, and meeting the wonderful members we have here. You are very welcomed here on AD, I am hearing myself, both my parent's are Deaf. So, have fun posting, and welcome aboard!!! :)

Hi,

Welcome to Alldeaf and enjoy your stay here :)

Welcome to AD.. feel free to post anything u want to say or ask questions.. dont be scared of us! we wont bite you! :D

Luckysmile23 said:
Welcome to AD.. feel free to post anything u want to say or ask questions.. dont be scared of us! we wont bite you! :D

Thanks Lucky for the welcome.. I just don't want to offend anyone. I am just very curious about what it's like to be deaf. I had a good friend in college who was blind since birth, and we'd have these conversations about what it's like to see. I'd ask her if she thinks she knows what "seeing" is like. What objects look like, what colors look like, what distance and depth really looks like. I guess it's much different for someone who has once had sight, and lost it over time. But the idea that she has never seen, and can't (or can?) comprehend sight is something we'd talk about deeply.

So I was curious about this with deaf people, those deaf since birth. Do you think you have a good idea what sound is like? What specific elements like pitch and timbre are like?

I am very curious and any reponses would be appreciated. Again, thanks for the cordial welcome. :)

Hello Jules77,

I am equally new here, inshort; I have just registered today.

Are you male or female? well I am male, I would like to meet you better than this, you can as well email me on my private box: moriz07@yahoo.com

Regards,

Morison.

i am hard of hearing

jules77 said:
I hope I am allowed to post here being I am not hard of hearing or deaf, but I have met a few deaf people in the last few years and I've enjoyed getting to know one of them. I have a lot of questions to ask those of you who have been deaf since birth, but I don't know how to ask them.
hi wha is the problem but i am a cool i am not deaf person but i wanna to know u well. :)

jules77 said:
Thanks Lucky for the welcome.. I just don't want to offend anyone. I am just very curious about what it's like to be deaf. I had a good friend in college who was blind since birth, and we'd have these conversations about what it's like to see. I'd ask her if she thinks she knows what "seeing" is like. What objects look like, what colors look like, what distance and depth really looks like. I guess it's much different for someone who has once had sight, and lost it over time. But the idea that she has never seen, and can't (or can?) comprehend sight is something we'd talk about deeply.

So I was curious about this with deaf people, those deaf since birth. Do you think you have a good idea what sound is like? What specific elements like pitch and timbre are like?

I am very curious and any reponses would be appreciated. Again, thanks for the cordial welcome. :)

:welcome: jules77,

Just put your fingers in your ears to tune out sound, then you'll know what it's like. Some people that are more deaf than I am will say it's similar, but when you do this and talk, being deaf/hoh is NOT like that. Try hearing other people talk and not yourself when you plug your ears.

Welcome to ALLDEAF. Make yourself comfortable and start posting and making new friends here with us...

Enjoy your stay...

:wave:

Back