Hi everyone!

stormysmom4

Reaction score
Hello ladies and gents. I'm new here, so here is my intro. I'm just a plain ol hearing chick with 5 kids and 2 grandbabies (and another on the way). I'm interested in diving deeper into the Deaf Culture. I've been interested in ASL since I was a little girl, and our church choir director made us learn choir songs in SEE. I've never had the opportunity to take any classes or do any schooling (hard and expensive with all these kids I got). Until recently that is....my church has a Deaf ministry that I became very interested in, then the church down the street was having ASL classes for about 30 weeks. So, the Lord has opened the doors for me to get involved to the best of my ability. I take a weekly class on Thursday nights, then on Sunday, I work with the Deaf Ministries leader on worship specifically.

I know some of you are worried I'm just here for a day or two, and that I'm out to use Deafies to improve my ASL. Here's the deal....I may be here one day, and not the next, but it's not because I've lost interest. It would be because I'm busy or my computer crashed (happens several times a day now), but you can count on the fact I'll always be back. I'm joining this group because I'm genuinely interested in getting more in depth with the Deaf Culture. If I could meet a friend in my area from here, that would be most definitely awesome, but that's not really my goal. Ok, that sounds crazy, but hopefully someone will understand. :D

So I'm working on being able to interpret sermons at church, along with worship. This has become a passion for me, as well as working with children with learning disabilities, such as Down Syndrome and Autism. I've worked with children in my church previously, but I'm looking to working in a school setting next year. Anyway, I've taken enough of your time, so that is all for now!

Lol. I should have said lady instead of chick. I guess chick makes me feel not as old!

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using AllDeaf App mobile app

thank you foe the informed me nd click nicely... welcome

Sent from my GT-N7000 using AllDeaf App mobile app

Back