Hi all!

Julietta

Reaction score
So, my name is Julietta. I'm 26 and I live in Pittsburgh PA and work in a city ER.
I've always kind of been curious about ASL, but working in the ER here I started to run into more and more deaf/HOH patients and waiting on an interpreter is annoying, especially when all I need to know right now is if you have allergies and what the basic problem is!
So I began teaching myself a little, enough to get my questions across and figure out the answers. I found that I really liked signing! I took an 8 week class at the Western PA School for the Deaf and loved it! I started looking for interpreting programs around the area (there are surprisingly few in the state, let alone the area...) and I'm going to enroll in the Spring. In the meantime I figured I should learn as much as I could on my own, so here I am :)

Aw, thanks robin, and everyone else, for the welcome :) I'm glad to have the opportunity to learn

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. I hope you enjoy reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

Back