Hi all

aussierick

Reaction score
I'm Richard and I have been deaf in my right ear since birth but my left ear was at 80%. I have had some problems while growing up then at 18 I had been suffering from Tinnitus in my left ear.

Unfortunately Back in Feb, 2009 I had a ear infection in my left ear which had reduced my hearing in my left ear dramatically. I have had a Phonak Nadia 1 SP.

Now unfortunately I have had a summer cold the past week and my hearing a dramatically been reduced again. At my last hearing test my left Ear was at 40%, now I am guessing but I think it's less then 20% now. And to say the least I am very concerned with what will happen once its at 0%.

I will have gone from 80% to almost 0% in about 18 months. I have no idea what I am going to do now.

It will be okay and you will adjust. Where are you? Are you in Australia somewhere?

See if u can get the naida in the UP it's just a power upgrade shouldn't cost u anything and if that doesn't work and the naidas aren't even working then maybe go for a CI evaluation if that's the route you wanna go on

Yes I have been thinking about the CI for both ears, unfortunately with no insurance and no money that may be a problem.

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. Have fun reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

AliciaM, what makes you think the UP upgrade is costless, do they have the Nadia 1 up there and Phonak doesn't have the Nadia 1 here in the US, have to get the software sent up from Australia just to do the adjustments. My Audiologist will be checking the UP upgrade with Phonak USA and most likely have my hearing aid sent back to Phonak Australia for the upgrade.

My next choice if the upgrade is not available would be the Nadia 5 which is available here in the US but again my problem is going to be lack of money and insurance.

AliciaM, what makes you think the UP upgrade is costless, do they have the Nadia 1 up there and Phonak doesn't have the Nadia 1 here in the US, have to get the software sent up from Australia just to do the adjustments. My Audiologist will be checking the UP upgrade with Phonak USA and most likely have my hearing aid sent back to Phonak Australia for the upgrade.

My next choice if the upgrade is not available would be the Nadia 5 which is available here in the US but again my problem is going to be lack of money and insurance.

LOL she's the giant Naida expert since she has one herself!

AliciaM, My audiologist is having a lot of problems getting the software needed to make adjustments on my Naida I SP, also she is not getting any info on the upgrade from SP to UP. Phonak USA is being very stubborn about it.

I'm Janet , a totally newbie to this community.
Nice to see you all and great to be a part of the community. Hope to get help from you, thank!

Back