Hi All

Storme

Reaction score
I'm new to AllDeaf.com. I came across this site from another site with a link and became curious enough to check it out. I actually don't remember now where I was surfing from to get here.

There are interesting topics here I enjoyed reading and talking about.

As for me personally, I am not exactly involved with the deaf community here because I am older and not quite interested in going out to nightclubs all the time. I am not as young as I used to be, but I do try to keep up with the events in the deaf community if I can.

I live in the Kansas City area with my long-time partner. I am actively involved in the Sims 2 community as a modder and enjoy a lot of stuff like movies, books, games, topics like what I saw here and etc.

Hope to enjoy being here.

Hi storme.

welcome to AD.

you said you arent involved with the deaf community. so are you hearing or something? :)
:D

I am deaf with profound loss of hearing in both ears. I thought I mentioned that previously, but my bad if I didn't.

I do get involved once in a rare while, but like I said, I don't really hang out very much with some deaf people. But that does not mean I don't like hanging out with them. I guess age does play a factor in how I interact with those younger than me.

Sorry. I read your introduce message too quickly. You said you don't get involve with the Deaf community.

some of us are older here that it should not be a problem. ;)

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. Well, maybe it is an age factor which can be like discrimination against aging people like us, whether Deaf or Hearing. I am 64 years old and I still sometimes go to Deaf events and still am interested in talking with Deaf people, young and old. No problem for me. Anyway, I hope you have fun reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

Back