Hi all!

jtexas

Reaction score
Hi,
My name is Julisa. I'm about to star my first class to become a sign language interpreter. People keep asking me... why? what are you planning to do with it? but mainly all I can think of is being able to communication with more people and maybe assist someone else.
I came to the US after living in Mexico for 13yrs of my life (although I had lived here for my fist 5yrs). Anyway, after not practicing English in all that time, I experience the frustration of coming back to the US and not being able to communicate and be independent. I was a straight A student with a wonderful future ahead of me in Mexico, and here, I was someone who depended on other people to communicate and to get ahead! No way! that was frustrating, so I re-learned the language, quicker than I thought and now I have a career and a job that I love. So, I would be honored to teach other people sign language and to learn more about the deaf culture. What we sometimes forget is that a language opens doors to a whole new world that otherwise we would not be able to experience first hand.
I hope to be good at interpreting one day and I hope that some of you help me out if I have questions one day.

Wish me luck!

Hi Jtexas.. Welcome to AD.. I hope you will enjoy the stay with us.. and happy posting away!!! :)

"can't hear but can see!" That's a good one! Thanks for the welcome message.

:wave: :welcome: to Alldeaf jtexas! It's wonderful having you here. I know everyone here will be very helpful towards your goals!!! Have fun making friends, and browsing the site!! Welcome aboard and happy posting!!!

Back