Hi all once again I am back,

birdlady

Reaction score
I have so much trouble getting on this site, it could be me. but here I am . I have been practicing signs.. I know with the way my hearing is leaving that I have to learn , even if its just me.. The first thing I am having trouble with is I need to see someone. finger spell. I finger spell and I still dont think I am good yet.. I have a lady that i get to sign with every so often and she is late deafness like me also.. she is so much better them me .. I am on lession 5 and she is done, but it is like it is hard to retain if you dont use it you loose it. and I think my neighbors must think I am nuts. I go out side and sign to the dog .its like when you see someone talking and there is no onw else around.. lol..

I can feel rather incompetent when it comes to fingerspelling. Sometimes, when I am spelling, my brain works faster than my fingers and they get muddled up. Sometimes when I am reading someone else's, my brain often stops working all together haha.

I love the image of you signing to your dog :). I'm sure she is a very cooperative audience!

ASLPro.com & perhaps other sites have fingerspelling practice. You can set it to a speed that is comfortable for you. I really should use it myself.

I can definitely vouch for the "if you don't use it you lose it" thing. I hardly ever use signs these days, so my signing is rusty. Used to sign all the time as a kid and plenty as a teen, but as an adult not so much.

Back