HI ALL! Love You!

LLatreseJ

Reaction score
Hi all, :wave:

I'm new here and wanted to say hi. Although I am hearing, I would really like to become a ASL Interpreter and meet more deaf people. Although I studied the language, I still haven't acquired it well because I have no one to sign with and I rather learn the language from a person instead of a book.

Many people ask me if I knew any deaf people growing up and if that is what made me become interested in the Deaf community. And I haven't and it is not. I met my first hoh friend in June 2010. We rarely get to see each (long drive) and he doesnt have skype.

Either way, I just wanted to say to all deaf and hard-of-hearing people, I appreciate you as a whole. It doesn't matter if I know you or not.
Stay yourself because you are wonderful.

Hi, nice to meet you. I'm hearing too, also learning ASL, feeling quite lonely in my quest as I live in Poland. Oh well, maybe one day I'll practise my skills;)

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. Well, thank you for the compliments for us staying as we are as Deaf and Hard Of Hearing people. Enjoy reading and posting all the threads here. :wave:

Welcome! I love meeting future fellow terpers! Hope you pursue your dream! :)

HI everyone! Nice to meet you all. :wave:

@LeighASL: Hey, are you in an interpreter program?

@Brygida: What made you want to learn sign language?

Hi, nice to meet you. I'm hearing too, also learning ASL, feeling quite lonely in my quest as I live in Poland. Oh well, maybe one day I'll practise my skills;)

Where in Poland are you? I was just out in Krakow recently and can't wait to go bck. One of my top 5 places in the world - amazing!

Heya, welcome :) The world needs more people like you who can appreciate us deaf people and the culture :P

welcome fellow terp to be! :) hope soon you can meet more deafies to expand your learning experience! welcome to AD!:)

Back