Hi All, Looking for people in East TN

Hi Jillio

Really, who is that? I would love to get together for coffee sometime with that person. Looks like a perfect opportunity for me to let my new language grow. Nice to meet you!

Welcome! We have one member that I can think of off the top of my head that lives in E. Tn.

Sunshine Lady & Blue eyes, Thank you for the welcome. I've contacted the Knoxville Community for the Deaf and they are having a group of people next week on Tuesday that are beginners of ASL, so I'm going to go and see if I can get a chance to meet others. I am so blessed that I can take this class. But next semester, (Jan-May) I'll look into the Tennessee School for the Deaf. I heard they offer classes much, much, MUCH cheaper. To pay just over $1300.00 per course is a little steep. I am definitely going to find classes and complete my education in ASL. I think it is honestly a beautiful language and can kick myself that I never did anything about it years ago when I first wanted to learn it. Well, no further excuses, I'm going to learn it, use it and enjoy making new friends.

Sunshine lady, I am assuming your welcome is in German. I will reply with a "de rien," in French saying "it's nothing." So nice to meet such wonderful people.

Have a great weekend all!

Hi
I am sorry, I did read it belated.
yes I come from Germany. I was born in Berlin-west, but I am going to SFO sooner. yay!!
oh, I am not much improved in French language. It is not my favor, weird speak in French. LOL
yeaaah, nice to meet you too!
I hope you enjoy here.

Have a great day

Hey SunshineLady, what is SFO? I'm sure it is very different living in Germany. My best friend comes from Wales. But that is closer to Canadian English than the US. We both get to laugh at how the english here in the US is sooooooo different. They say "restroom" instead of "bathroom" for an example. Oh, also thanks to Liebling for the welcome.
I'm going to post something on the general board. It's very exciting to me.

Thanks all!

Wekcome to AllDeaf, Altotwo!

Yes, there are at least five members here from the Knoxville area. Only two I know are deaf. At least three other members reside in Tennessee outside Knoxville/eastern Tennessee. I wouldn't feel right to identify them here without asking them first (I am not in touch with any of them).

Have you heard of a deaf gathering held in the "Old City" section of downtown Knoxville? Their website address is: Knoxville Deaf Network.org - for some reason the website is partly censored here.

I grew up in the Knoxville area (Loudon County, where most of my family still live). I attended TSD as a day student though I haven't been back to TSD the time I graduated from there (in the 1990s).

My mother and her husband (my step-father) recently went to Sevier County (S'ville/GB/PF) last Friday with their friends and stayed there for the week-end. They really enjoyed it very much away.

Thanks Brian, I understand about not giving out their info without asking them. I truly do. I am really hoping to make some friends this way and be able to pick up quicker on my ASL. I can remember since I was an early teen how much I wanted to learn it, but at the time, didn't have the capacity to, do to a long story. Anyway, now that I can learn it, I am and hopefully I will be of great use to the community and make new friends along the way. Yes, I know where Sevierville, Pigeon Forge, & Gatlinburg are. I'm in that very area. LOL, LOL.

Glad to have met you. I really enjoy visiting here!

Best to you!

Warm hugs!

Wekcome to AllDeaf, Altotwo!

Yes, there are at least five members here from the Knoxville area. Only two I know are deaf. At least three other members reside in Tennessee outside Knoxville/eastern Tennessee. I wouldn't feel right to identify them here without asking them first (I am not in touch with any of them).

Have you heard of a deaf gathering held in the "Old City" section of downtown Knoxville? Their website address is: Knoxville Deaf Network.org - for some reason the website is partly censored here.

I grew up in the Knoxville area (Loudon County, where most of my family still live). I attended TSD as a day student though I haven't been back to TSD the time I graduated from there (in the 1990s).

My mother and her husband (my step-father) recently went to Sevier County (S'ville/GB/PF) last Friday with their friends and stayed there for the week-end. They really enjoyed it very much away.

Back