Hi all! Hearing from Nj

laurenlange

Reaction score
Hi! My name is Lauren and my wife is HOH. Well, she's gradually becoming HOH. She was injured previously and lost all of her hearing in one ear and a little in her other. It seems to be slowly getting worse and we are now looking into learning ASL. We've been doing lifeprint workshops and practicing, but I wasn't sure if anyone would want to chat via Skype, or could give any other directions to work with. There's not really asl student groups in my area that I could find. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I just looked in the states around nj and there's one in pa that's really close.

Woohoo!!! Go check it out, and take advantage of it.....PA School for the Deaf right? There's also a very small Catholic Deaf School in Philly, Archbishop Ryan. But you'll have more luck with PA School for the Deaf!

Honestly, I don't know much about the different things you could find to help you actually in Nj. but if you are interested, id love to skype or something with you and practice signing. I'm hearing but I know sign language pretty well. so if youre interested you can PM me or just skype me. its Carolyn_9912. I wish the two of you the best luck finding places there to help tho.

Hello,

My son graduated from New Jersey School for the Deaf in Trenton.
They provide evening sign language classes to parents, friends, and others who want to associate with Deaf and HOH people.

Back