Hey

macgyvergrl

Reaction score
Hello. I'm new here. I myself am not deaf or hard of hearing but my husband is slowly losing his hearing( I hope that I can still be here). We don't know anyone else that is deaf or HOH and there are no places here to learn ASL. It is frustrating. I had come across this site when doing research on deafness and it was like a God send.

Hello. Of course you can be here. Whether you will want to after you get to know us is another subject! :lol:

welcome. :)

I used to have a crush on macgyver only, not richard dean anderson in the late 1980's. :lol:

welcome. :)

I used to have a crush on macgyver only, not richard dean anderson in the late 1980's. :lol:

Thanks!
I loved MacGyver and I LOVE Richard Dean Anderson. I have been a huge fan of his for 28 years now. I even have his name on my license plate. ( I know I'm nuts and yes proud of it. Sanity is no fun.:lol:) I like how he can still be happy even when people poke fun at him. He is really good with disabled people and that is a trait I like in people.

LOL thats normal to have a little crush on. ;)

yes I remember when i read about him mentioned about disabled people when i was young. That night I had dreamt of him going out with me and he knew ASL. LOL I certainly enjoyed watching him on macgyver

LOL thats normal to have a little crush on. ;)

yes I remember when i read about him mentioned about disabled people when i was young. That night I had dreamt of him going out with me and he knew ASL. LOL I certainly enjoyed watching him on macgyver

He does know some ASL. He dated Marlee Matlin ( Sorry if I spelled that wrong). :roll:

I am having alot of fun on this site. you are wonderfully naice people.

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. Are you and your husband into celebrities? Wow. Is your husband an celebrity, too? I am just being nosy. Don't mind my bad manners. :lol:

Enjoy reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

MacGyver, huh? Drool drool! I ADORED him! My hubby actually got me interested in that TV show years ago! And I reckon Richard Dean Anderson is pretty easy on the eyes too! I didn't know he could sign ASL...now I love him even more! LOL! I hope they will have re-runs of MacGuyver on TV one day soon...we seem to have re-runs of everything else of the same era, except that one show!

Welcome to All Deaf anyways...I'm AuslanGirl, an Australian Deaf chica. I only know the alphabet in ASL, but I sign fairly fluently in Auslan. I often dream of coming to America to learn ASL one day!

Good to meet you!

AuslanGirl :)

Hello. I'm new here. I myself am not deaf or hard of hearing but my husband is slowly losing his hearing( I hope that I can still be here). We don't know anyone else that is deaf or HOH and there are no places here to learn ASL. It is frustrating. I had come across this site when doing research on deafness and it was like a God send.

Welcome - I hope you and your husband will find the info here helpful (many of us are quite passionate about certain views - please don't let that "put you off" )

I'm not sure where in Pennsylvania you're located - however you might want to get in contact with Western Pennsylvania School for the Deaf (WPSD) as they have a winter session of ASL classes starting on Jan 12 (according to their website)

Even if they are too far away from you - I'm sure that they would be able to get you in contact with some places closer to you!

There's also ASL Services of Pennsylvania which provides interpreters etc as well as offering ASL classes.

You'd be surprised how many people are positive there are no ASL classes in their area, or even their province/state - only to find out that their are 3 courses within a 30mins drive !

If you Google "Pennsylvania Deaf ASL" you'll end up with a PILE of websites!

NB: Please make sure to mention to whomever you call or email that your husband is Hoh and that you want to learn ASL together - as their is often funding/fee waivers available as well as additional services and "preferential placement" (ie they'll let you join a class that would normally be considered "full" etc)

Hope that helps.
If you have any questions you'd like to ask privately at any time, please feel free to PM or email me through this site (click on my Username and then select "send PM" or "send email")

Welcome to alldeaf.com. You mentioned that your husband is "slowly losing his hearing". Does that he might consider a hearing aid in the future at some time? In the meantime both of you want to learn ASL but don't know which/where such is offered-sorry no help. Is there any places that "teach Coping with Hearing Loss" available?
Good luck in this important first step in dealing with his hearing loss. Additional info I just picked it up in another thread re problem with Hearing aid.

Implanted Advanced Bionics-Harmony activated Aug/07

Last edited:
:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. Are you and your husband into celebrities? Wow. Is your husband an celebrity, too? I am just being nosy. Don't mind my bad manners. :lol:

Enjoy reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

I am into Richard Dean Anderson. Sadly we are just nameless ones, blending into the millions in this country. You are not nosy at all, ask away.

Thank you all for your kind words.I love this forum. it is the only one that I have been on that everyone is nice to everyone. I will look into the suggestions,:ty:.

Hi Maxwell and my cat, Prof SKY sends you a Meow in Beantown. She is sleeping under this computer desk at the moment.

Implanted Advanced Bionics-Harmony activated Aug/07

Back