hey y'all

daisy_jean

Reaction score
howdy y'all!
austin, texas here
hoh since I was little, moderate in both ears, LOVE my new "ears" have for about 1 1/2 years now b/c hear things not hear before
do NOT like having a lisp though...why does that word describe someone who has a speech disability?!
happy summer!!!

Hi! I'm new, too. Hearing, in DFW. Had to click on your intro because of your use of "y'all" and your correct use of the contraction ("ya'll" is a pet peeve of mine). Love it! :P

And I agree, I've always thought "lisp" was a cruel word :shock:. Hubby, partially deaf in one ear, has one, too.

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. I love that one room schoolhouse closed for summer avatar. Just have fun browsing by reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

Hello again

Sorry to come back so late, been enjoying the summer and hope everyone else is too! Thanx 3cats, rockin' robin and Bebonang for the welcome! :wave:

Hi,
My great aunt (81) has got "Lisp" she keeps saying sorry, if I don't understand her, I keep saying I understood her perfectly if she doesn't think about it too much. I much rather that she stay calm and talk to me without thinking about me understanding her. She's wonderful lady unlike my grandma, Aunt always made sure she get time to chat with me, I don't see her often and do miss her alot.

Welcome, hope u stick around.

Back