hey what up

deaf girl

Reaction score
hey what up guys it me ashley again. i just wanted to knwo if any of you have ever feelt leaf out by your family because your deaf. well i have and it stucks. i cant seem to get my family to understand where i am comming from by teaching them to sign but they wont any ideas on how to help

Hi there. there are places in the Marietta/Cobb area where the Deaf people meet -- you know, gathering/social -- at Cumberland, NorthPoint, Arbor Place and I think, Town Center mall on a Saturday every month. There are couple of Churches where the Deaf attend on Sundays. Maybe taking your family to one will help them understand where you are coming from?

You're not the only one. A lot of deaf people go through that problems when their family doesn't acknowledge the need to sign.

I'm deaf, but my parents don't sign. My brother learned to sign because he had deaf friends, but continued to remember those signs for me.

Have you tried talking to your parents? Explain to them about your needs?

Do you ever bring deaf friends to your house?

alot of us here on ad have experienced that. i know i have -- too many times to count, in fact.

yea i mean i try telling them but they dont listen and they dont understand me and yea i have deaf freinds over but they just dont talk to her or just have her read there lips or i sign for her it so weird and fusterating i am like almost ashame of them becuase they dont get it at all

Back