Hey this is great!

ajamesr2

Reaction score
Hi, I am Tony and I am from Wisconsin. My friends always tell jokes about me being hard of hearing so I decided to look up some deaf jokes so I could join in on the fun. However, I didn't realize I would find a whole forum devoted to deaf and hard of hearing (I guess 'hearing impaired' is out of date now?). This is really cool! After all, where I come from the only people who can't hear is me, the tree and the old dude across the street. Anyways, now that I've found this place, I have a few questions I have always been curious about:

1) I have never really been into music (never been to a concert in my life, and only bought one CD), and I was wondering, is it just me or are all hard of hearing/deaf people like that?
2) My deaf/HOH teacher would always preach about a university in Washington in which the majority of students were deaf or hard of hearing... How is that university?

Thanks for reading my newbie ramblings!

ajamesr2 said:
Hi, I am Tony and I am from Wisconsin. My friends always tell jokes about me being hard of hearing so I decided to look up some deaf jokes so I could join in on the fun. However, I didn't realize I would find a whole forum devoted to deaf and hard of hearing (I guess 'hearing impaired' is out of date now?). This is really cool! After all, where I come from the only people who can't hear is me, the tree and the old dude across the street. Anyways, now that I've found this place, I have a few questions I have always been curious about:

1) I have never really been into music (never been to a concert in my life, and only bought one CD), and I was wondering, is it just me or are all hard of hearing/deaf people like that?
2) My deaf/HOH teacher would always preach about a university in Washington in which the majority of students were deaf or hard of hearing... How is that university

Welcome to AD
Yes.. there is a deaf university located in Washington D.C, called Gallaudet University.... but there are lots of deaf/hoh programs in most of universities and colleges thar provides interpreters... Lots of good programs...
SxyPorkie

Welcome To Alldeaf. Music Can Be Enjoyed Even If You Are Profound Deaf. I Play The Classical Guitar, Piano, And Organ.

Hi Tony!
Welcome! Just jump right in and make urself at home..... There are tons of hoh folks here. I am one. There's also: Bree, Alex,(our founder) Levonian and tons of others I can't quite remember
I for one love music..I even go to a folk fest where there are ASL terps! I however like music that I can actually feel....I'm prolly really hypersensative to the beat b/c of the nature of my loss.
Definitly check into Gally or NTID for post high school education. Especially if you were the only dhh kid around. I have to say I kind of wish I'd been able to attend Gally for undergrad. Especially since a lot of colleges and universities still have the crappiest accomondations possible. Plus u'll be able to meet other dhh folks too!

ajamesr2 said:

2) My deaf/HOH teacher would always preach about a university in Washington in which the majority of students were deaf or hard of hearing... How is that university?

OMFG!

I grew up in Milwaukee!

I don't think I know a Tony in Milwaukee...

Where did you graduate from high school?

Hello and welcome to Alldeaf! Glad that you find this site 'cool'...and hope your stay here in AD is really cool too! ;)

By the way, I'm HoH, I've brought numerous of CD's (and albums--yea, wayy back in those days when record players was the 'norm'--lol).

Have a great day! :wave:

Back