Hey, Newbie here.

mguiao

Reaction score
So first odd, my name is Michael. I came to this site to meet and chat with people who are hoh or deaf. I am hoh as well but not that much. I can hear without my hearing aids quite fine but then you'll get a lot of huhs and whats from me lol. I can't hear in the high frequency zone from what I'm told so yeah. Anyways I'm excited to meet you guys. I'm also asking for help in the police force. So any of you who are police officers, I would gladly appreciate it if you email me or chat with me because that's my goal. Thanks!

i'm new here too. i am fully hearing, but i am trying to learn ASL.

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. To answer your question on what is ASL? ASL stand for American Sign Language and it sign almost like French speaking almost backward. It has picture signs with words but also mimic to express your feeling to the story or what you want to say. I am surprise now that you are HOH that you have never heard of ASL. Very interesting. Well, you will learn more about us with our deaf perspective just like you have experience in your hard of hearing world. Join and share with us in discussion/debating? :cool2:

Enjoy reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

i'm having a lot of fun learning. i don't have a lot of cash, but i went to half priced books today and got signing for dummies because it came with a cdrom and i got a sign language dvd. i find that i'm fingerspelling anything and everything

LOL welcome 2 AD man!
I also can't hear in the high frequency zone very well but I hear some noises without my hearing aids like the water running, hair dryer and also 1 time I heard something that made a beeping noise (turned out to be the smoke detector) :rofl:
BTW, be on the lookout cause I'm getting new hearing aids this month!!!

Back