Hey Magatsu

MMA fan

Reaction score
What kind of jeep do you drive?

u two jeep freaks ?

my mom had '83 jeep wagoneer. i called it the ship. it was so huge suv.

deafclimber said:
u two jeep freaks ?

Yeah I am a jeep freak but somedayI will exchange... but not now due to money issue (I spent lots on trips lately). Cars & trucks are expensive nowaday. Good thing that I already exchange the new engine and transmission approx one and half year ago so my jeep is in great condition.

Last edited:
MMA fan said:
Nice... I got an 98 TJ Wrangler... u go off roading?
Yeah sometimes but I didn't do that for a while now, I did that in other state but not in California. I did used my jeep to 'sliding' on the icy roads & park lot in Vermont many times :)

Edit: What about you?

I haven't gone in a while... but yea I do enjoy it. There's a GREAT park in Hot Springs, AR... you should check it out -- www.orvpark.com -- I think it has like 2,900 acres or something. I can't remember. But there's also lots of small parks in Texas where I go off roading. Utah is known to be one of the most extreme places in the USA to go off roading... I think northern California has some nice places too.

Magatsu said:
Yeah sometimes but I didn't do that for a while now, I did that in other state but not in California. I did used my jeep to 'sliding' on the icy roads & park lot in Vermont many times :)

Edit: What about you?

yep i do offroading sometimes. my truck isnt 4x4 but runs very well on rough trails. high quality suspension system is a must. i dont want to go through deep mud. too scary to get stuck in mud. lol.

deafclimber said:
u two jeep freaks ?

i have 84 jeep wagoneer with a hitch and
i drove it even pulling my other car BMW for a few hours
without any problem at all so
it's a great and strong huge Jeep,
just like a ship, yeah...
:)

p.s. when i used jeep on off roads/hilly grounds,
it seem soooo smooth and flexible
something just like a rubberband !!

MMA fan said:
I haven't gone in a while... but yea I do enjoy it. There's a GREAT park in Hot Springs, AR... you should check it out -- www.orvpark.com -- I think it has like 2,900 acres or something. I can't remember. But there's also lots of small parks in Texas where I go off roading. Utah is known to be one of the most extreme places in the USA to go off roading... I think northern California has some nice places too.
Thanks for link! I browsed around for several minutes and it does sound interesting for me to visit by with friends to do some 'offroad' activity. Thanks for link again :thumb:

I remember the part where I rode in one of my friends' truck (Michigan) for offroading, that nut driver took his truck off from highland (approx 20 feet) to land on low land... All of our necks have this sickly 'pop' sound when my friend's truck landed. I had a neck sore for few days from that. It was fun but I never want to have that 'pop' ever again...

deafclimber said:
yep i do offroading sometimes. my truck isnt 4x4 but runs very well on rough trails. high quality suspension system is a must. i dont want to go through deep mud. too scary to get stuck in mud. lol.
Yeah about suspension system, I learned the hard lesson when my jeep got stuck in mud (Vermont)... Some of my friends tried and tried to get it off but couldn't. I end up calling the service to pull it out.. Good thing that I am a member of AAA so it costs me nothing.

I have a 4 inch suspension system with 2 inches of body lift... its pretty good. I've got stuck in mud so many times but I always had another vehicle to pull me out no problem. My jeep also has been in 3 wrecks but its never been damaged. Like Y said, it's like a ship. My jeep is my baby... I love it so much. I also remember I nearly flipped my jeep over.... man o man that was some scary ride!!!! Thank goodness I had a truck behind me with electric winch to pull me out! If it wasn't for him, I would have been anicent history.

Aside the suspesions, its also a VERY good idea to have lockers on your wheels... I learned my lesson the hard way when I went to Hot Springs. :( Driving on all those rocks and not having lockers nearly torn my jeep up... well it did some damage to the jeep but at least I learned my lesson. I won't let it happen again. :)

I am a Jeep lover here. I used to have 94 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Very nice car and love em. Maybe in 2 yrs I will trade for a Jeep again. I want to go back to Jeep again..

i would love to see the wragoneer is back onto street/offroads because that original wragoneers are really huge unlike '90s and '00s cherokee. '70-80's wragoneer's value goes up. for instance, '83 wragoneer in great shape wud be about 28k dollars. its hard to believe. i told my mom about that. she said "well, i dont miss that, son !" lol

deafclimber said:
i would love to see the wragoneer is back onto street/offroads because that original wragoneers are really huge unlike '90s and '00s cherokee. '70-80's wragoneer's value goes up. for instance, '83 wragoneer in great shape wud be about 28k dollars. its hard to believe. i told my mom about that. she said "well, i dont miss that, son !" lol

yeah i agree even my neighbor guys wanted to
buy my Jeep but I'd like to keep it for a long time

deafclimber said:
It is probably strange for you to hear that from me but I'd love to own a 1973 VW Thing. It rocks!

David_Kaufmans_Thing.jpg

I always want to own a 1973 VW Thing for SO long time.. It is extremely rare and expensive to get :(

Magatsu said:
It is probably strange for you to hear that from me but I'd love to own a 1973 VW Thing. It rocks!

David_Kaufmans_Thing.jpg

I always want to own a 1973 VW Thing for SO long time.. It is extremely rare and expensive to get :(

awesome. i love that "the thing" !

as for me, i always want to have '69-76 ford bronco. it is not cheap and very rare to find like vw thing.

MMA fan said:
I have a 4 inch suspension system with 2 inches of body lift... its pretty good. I've got stuck in mud so many times but I always had another vehicle to pull me out no problem. My jeep also has been in 3 wrecks but its never been damaged. Like Y said, it's like a ship. My jeep is my baby... I love it so much. I also remember I nearly flipped my jeep over.... man o man that was some scary ride!!!! Thank goodness I had a truck behind me with electric winch to pull me out! If it wasn't for him, I would have been anicent history.

Aside the suspesions, its also a VERY good idea to have lockers on your wheels... I learned my lesson the hard way when I went to Hot Springs. :( Driving on all those rocks and not having lockers nearly torn my jeep up... well it did some damage to the jeep but at least I learned my lesson. I won't let it happen again. :)
I will keep that in my mind :)

Offroading can be scary sometimes... I nearly flipped my jeep few times during offroading. I had a bad car accident (my first 'baby' car - VW Baja 1964) it flipped approx 6 times from dirt road to farm area :( My friend and I didn't wear any belt at that time... No broken or hurt whatsoever. Seem that my 'angel' saved me or something.

deafclimber said:
awesome. i love that "the thing" !

as for me, i always want to have '69-76 ford bronco. it is not cheap and very rare to find like vw thing.
Ah yeah, my friend used to have that one. It was awesome. I think it is '74 or something, I have to ask my friend again about that. Ford no longer manufactures the Bronco series right?

Back