Hey lookie

StSapphire

Reaction score
I just noticed that sometime within the past two days or so, I broke 1000 posts. Is that a thingy that's celebrated around here?

I just noticed that sometime within the past two days or so, I broke 1000 posts. Is that a thingy that's celebrated around here?

You poor boy. It's not considered an accomplishment at all until a minimum of 5000. :aw:

You poor boy. It's not considered an accomplishment at all until a minimum of 5000. :aw:

Damn. Oh well, we'll put this on hold for another... oh, 50 political topics or so should do it.

If I lived near you, I would take you out for mojitos to celebrate :)

I prefer long island iced teas or wine, (not a fan of mint) but stop by Cincy anytime and we'll take you out and... well, you'll be able to converse with us like we're three or four :lol:

I'm sure you will surpass my post count in no time.

I am also sure I won't care the least.

Have a good day. :)

Ever since I broke 10,000 post counts mean little to me. Why? I guess after a while you just post without even caring. Never really cared all that much until I got to 9,000 and realized that 10,000 was doable. After that, I was just like; "Meh, whatever".

Ever since I broke 10,000 post counts mean little to me. Why? I guess after a while you just post without even caring. Never really cared all that much until I got to 9,000 and realized that 10,000 was doable. After that, I was just like; "Meh, whatever".

Haha, yeah, I don't actually give half a shit, but I remembered seeing other peoples' posts and was bored at work. :P

Gonna try for 100,000.

I don't think Alex would be appreciative, but I could prolly hit that in about 3-4 days if I found a Forum nobody looked at and didn't get banneded/deleted. But that'd be dumb, lol.

Not possible either.

Don't think so? I could think of two possible methods, one really bad (somehow gain database access, then alter my postcount in the database, or just add 100k rows in the "posts" table to nonexistent forums, etc) and the other would merely be pretty bad (write a Ruby script to loop 100k times and continually post the form to reply to a topic).

Neither one seems impossible, but both seem far more difficult than would be worth the effort, especially since the actual end result for both would be the banhammer.

I doubt any one single member here will actually make 100,000 posts. It took me YEARS just to get to 10,000. But then again some people live here and are able to get 10,000 in 6-9 months. I think Jiro currently holds the highest post count with VamPyroX behind him.

Code:
require 'rubygems'
require 'mechanize'

desired_count = 100000

agent = WWW::Mechanize.new
username = 'Insert_name_here'
password = 'password_here'

page = agent.get('http://www.alldeaf.com')
login_form = page.forms.first
login_form.vb_login_username = username
login_form.vb_login_password = password

page = login_form.submit
url = 'http://urltospamhere'
page = agent.get(url)
form = page.forms.first
form.body_name_thingy = 'text to spam'
desired_count.times { form.submit }

The middle block prolly needs a little more figuring, but close enough.

I doubt any one single member here will actually make 100,000 posts. It took me YEARS just to get to 10,000. But then again some people live here and are able to get 10,000 in 6-9 months. I think Jiro currently holds the highest post count with VamPyroX behind him.
Jillio, Jiro, Shel90, VamPyroX.

wait till winter. My participation in AD is low during summer and fall.

You're going awfully slow, pal. I'm ahead of you by at least 4-5000 posts.

PFH
Nov 2004 = 7.5 years with 16,000 posts since you said you were ahead of me by 4,000 to 5,000 posts. You word. My math would work out to be:
16,000/7.5 = 2100 posts per year

Kokonut
July 2006 = 5.0 years with 11,600 posts
11,600/5 = 2300 posts per year but if you exclude the 6 months I was out that would be 11,600/4.5 = 2,500 posts per year.

Either way, I'm ahead of you on the rate of posting I've done each year. So, I could estimate your number of posts would've been around 10,500 posts so far after 5 years of posting which would be 1,100 less posts than mine at this point (or less 2150 posts if you use the 4.5 years).

:D

Back