hey i'm new with an issue!

auntiesony76

Reaction score
Hi my name is Sonya. I was born hearing, but got bad ear infection at 2 years old. I got my first hearing aid at 4. I was in speech therapy until i think 1st grade. I was in normal public school. I do not sign and im good at lip reading. I speak normal. I am over half deaf. I'm hoping i sort of kinda fit in here.

My issue is...the inside of my ears, where my ear mold sits..i have really dry skin. Like, patchy almost. i can literally scrape away dry skin. I do have a bad addiction to qtips. My dr told me to stop wearing my hearing aids for two weeks. (Really?). I wipe down my molds and hearing aids with alcohol wipes every night. At this time i am trying to cut down the qtips. and i put thick lotion in my ears at night. If i am home alone i rarely wear my hearing aids...

Any one ever have this? how did you fix it? and how am i supposed to live without them for two weeks?
Thanks!!

First off, WELCOME!. In regard's to your problem, have you asked your DR or Audio for a cream? I cannot remember the name, but know there is a specific cream for this. And are you using a Dry and Store (or equivalent)?

First off, WELCOME!. In regard's to your problem, have you asked your DR or Audio for a cream? I cannot remember the name, but know there is a specific cream for this. And are you using a Dry and Store (or equivalent)?

Believe this problem was addressed by Botti not too long ago...I forgot the name of the cream...(since I don't wear HA's).....

I would cut back on the alcohol too as it dries the skin.....and q-tips in the ear is a big NO-NO...any ENT will tell you that.

Hi Sonya,
Nice to meet you! I'm sure you will love this place!

Sent from my SM-G900F using AllDeaf App mobile app

see what the company who nake it have suggestion

sounds like you might wanna go for another option of earmolds (I have the allergy free kind which works alot for me and CDmeggers)
see if that helps you! :)

Back