Hey, I´m looking to meet more deafies

thefishy42

Reaction score
Hi all, I am a 25 year-old hearing male. I live in Lebanon, NH and I am new to the area as well as this site. I am hoping to meet some deaf/hh/coda... people because I want to practice my ASL. I took a few classes back in college, but I lived abroad the last few years and had no one to practice with, so I´m afraid that I lost a fair amount. If you know anyone in the Dartmouth-Lebanon-White River Jct. area who is interested in teaching/tutoring or just having a friend who can sign a bit (mostly signed-English, but I want to get away from that and more towards pure ASL), I´d like to meet up with people.

Right now I am a Spanish teacher in a couple schools. My dream is to go to Gallaudet for their Masters programme in Bilingual Ed. But as for now, I don´t think I could get into the programme, partially because I´m not fluent in ASL.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob/Fishy (my 2 names)

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. I hope you enjoy reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

:welcome: to AD and I think you will get accepted to Gallaudet. You probably will be required to be enrolled in their new signers' program. I have had classmates who were barely just out of Level I ASL get into the Master's program at Gallaudet.

Back