Hey howdy hey from Central Calif

Jodster

Reaction score
I was surfing around for MBs for the hard of hearing and found this place. Nice!

I live in the agricultural veggie and citrus basket of the USA. Live very happily with my wife, my son and my two stepsons.

As I write this, I'm on Day 2 of using a hearing aid. I use only one, in the right ear. My left ear went south about four years ago and is pretty much useless.

My problems with the right ear occurred suddenly, and about two months ago. It's down to about 80% word recognition and plus-25 to plus-30 decibels on sound recognition.

I'm still working with docs to figure out what happened to the "good" ear. The hearing quality fluctuates in one- to three-day cycles. It slowly plugs up, almost like swimmer's ear, then "pops," leaving behind much more clarity. Then it plugs up again. Maddening, to be honest. Traditional meds (steroids, anti-allergy stuff, etc.) have been ineffective.

Obviously, I'm in the earliest stages of working with a hearing aid. It's an Oticon Sychro. Seems to be effective, but at this pt I don't even know how to define "good" and "not so good."

Anyway, good to be here.

Welcome

welcome and hope you stay awhile!!! Fine wine is like marriage they are better w/age!!!! :) :cool:

Hello

Welcome to AD and enjoy your stay here ;)

know what your going through almost the same thing

i'm farly new to this site too, i was 12 when i lost my hearing in my right ear . then at 35 i lost all hearing. its coming up on one year now being completly deaf, theres alot of changes that takes place when you loss your hearing. any how good luck with the doctor and all their meds , me personaly i don't hold much faith in either one. welcome to ad . it's a great place to be . the people here are freindly, kind , and exsept everyone for who they are . one ? for you . have you started to learn sign yet . i think everyone should learn it . :deaf: :welcome:

Hello &
14.gif

Hello!

Hello! I am new to join the all deaf. com for my first time and I like to chat with deaf people to keep me company. I was born deaf and has been worn the hearing aids all my life until I got my first time coalear implant on my left ear since April 30, 2004 that's my one year anniversy and I learn to get used the new sounds I hear everything around me at home and everywhere I go to the places like beach, shopping, and etc..... and it has help my voice under control better while I talk with my family that they don't use ASL anymore and now I still use the asl rusty because I have'nt use it for a long time since college.

Hello Jodster. :wave:

I also wear one hearing but it's on my left ear. I've been hard of hearing since the age of 5.

See you around!

Now *that's* what I call a warm welcome! :cheers:

Thanks, all!

I'm off to the topics below....

Welcome Jodster! Just wondering...have you always been hoh,or are you relatively late deafened? It doesn't really matter, but I have noticed a slight increase in the number of late deafies on alldeaf.....which is VERY cool! Less traffic to a certain site (which I will NOT name!) and more traffic here! :)

Hello Jodster, and welcome. I am glad to hear your hearing aid is working well for you. I have a CI myself...and am still in the process of getting used to it.

Herzlich Willkommen zu AD

Come and share your posts here with us :thumb:

:wave: :welcome: Hello Jodster, and welcome to AD. I hope you enjoy your stay here. Look forward to your postings.

Good luck with your hearing aids. Sounds like you live in a wonderful place with your family. Take care, and have a good day!!! :angel:

Back