Hey guys

ki4jgt

Reaction score
Hi guys. I've made several posts here already LOL. I decided this would be a great time to introduce myself to the group. I always have a problem filing these things in though :). I am a 23 year old male. I'm an amateur radio operator. I speak German, English, and Esperanto. I enjoy jogging, knitting, computer programming, poetry, and tai chi. I'm not deaf or hard of hearing but I have been told that I will slowly lose my hearing. It hasn't phased me yet, but I would like to be prepared when it happens.
I do act a little weird around deaf people. It's not because I'm judgmental. It's just because I'm a little scared to try new things (I hate all people equally) :). I've been closed off my entire life and I usually don't like sharing my life's story or anything that goes on around me for that matter. I'm looking into learning ASL but can't afford college. I've been accepted to numerous colleges but didn't meet the financial requirements.
I've been going through a depression for the last 3 years which has caused me to be a LOT more open often to the point that I am VERY emotional at times. Sorry if I spew over on you guys. I kind of feel like I've been headed straight on one path my entire life and I've put everything into getting to my destination but somewhere along the route the railroad tracks just gave way and everything I've worked so hard for has gone to waste.
Anyhow, I've pretty much joined because I'm seeking someone about my age to help me learn and practice ASL. I WILL probably give up right in the middle of learning. It's just my style, but I'll be back in about a month. :)
Well, it's been nice posting this. Talk to you guys later.

Back