Hey guys, how are you!?

carmando

Reaction score
Well, what can I say? Languages have become a sort of interest to me the last few years. I've tried learning Italian, German and spanish sign... But, unfortunately, only german has really stuck. I have been working as a spanish/english interpreter for a while now and being around ASL interpreters is what made me fall in love with ASL and the culture. I can't really say I've been exposed to the culture but I would love to be, and to be able to do that, ASL is definitely a must. That is the reason i am here today; to try to find people in my area with whom to spend time with and maybe learn.

I'm in Rockford, Illinois in case you were wondering. If you know of any groups or meetups I could attend, please let me know. I've also tried looking for classes but haven't been able to find anything yet. For the time being, I think youtube will be my best resource.

Well, I hope to hear from you guys soon. Many thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPad using AllDeaf

Welcome! Welcome! Welcome! You've come to the right place for what you seek. :wave:

I'm about 90 minutes away from Rockford. I know that there is a Rockford based Deaf group on Facebook. Did you see it yet ?

Hehehe... I think I do feel at home! I guess it has to do with the fact that I've heard only great things about the community. Like I mentioned before, I haven't really been exposed to it all, except for the ASL interpreters I work with. I have noticed when learning other languages, that people are usually welcoming when you're trying to learn their language and about their culture, and I do know that this will be the case this time around.

I'm about 90 minutes away from Rockford. I know that there is a Rockford based Deaf group on Facebook. Did you see it yet ?

Unfortunately, I'm not on facebook, so I'm a bit out of the loop. Thank you for the tip, though, I might check it out with a friend's account.

Back