Hey from Upstate NY

AestasCaelum

Reaction score
Hey, my name is Christina I'm from upstate NY- about 1/2 way between the city and the capital-
I'm slightly hearing impaired and am going to college to be a counselor aswell as an interpreter.
Im hopeing to find a community near me so I can meet some hearing impaired and deaf citizens. I'd love to be able to sit and sign and I can only imagine what I'd gain from the experiance.

Yes, welcome! It amazes me how many young mildly hoh folks are becoming interested in ASL and Deaf Culture! Perhaps in ten or twenty years we'll look back and be amazed at how our culture has GROWN! ;)

AestasCaelum said:
Hey, my name is Christina I'm from upstate NY- about 1/2 way between the city and the capital-
I'm slightly hearing impaired and am going to college to be a counselor aswell as an interpreter.
Im hopeing to find a community near me so I can meet some hearing impaired and deaf citizens. I'd love to be able to sit and sign and I can only imagine what I'd gain from the experiance.
Welcome to AD.

Hello and welcome to Alldeaf AestasCaelum aka Christina! Hope you'll enjoy your stay here in AD!! ;)

:wave: :welcome: AestasCaelum to Alldeaf. I hope you are enjoying your stay on this forum. Everyone is wonderful and friendly. You will make a lot of new friends on this site. Have fun posting.

Good luck with college for your future. Have a good one!!

Hello &
14.gif

Hello Christina, Welcome to the wonderful AD and hope you have fun around here!

Hello There! Welcome. I have a guinea pig named Christina. And I'm originally from upstate NY, although closer to the Buffalo area. Good to have you here. Enjoy your time on the alldeaf.com Boards!

Hello Everyone,
My name is Mary Lou F. Im deaf that I born deaf. As I can talk , lipreading and Sign Lanuage. I live in Upstate NY . I live small town. And My boyfriend is also deaf too. I was used worked at the Adult home for elderly ladies for 20 years and Now Im no longer to working there. Maybe Someday I'll looking for a job. Im 46 years old. So I m Join to HEAR Meeting in once in while . HEAR Meeting in Albany is very good meeting. Im profound hearing loss in both ear and I wear two Behine the Ear hearing aids.

hey i'm from central new york...in syracuse....we fondly call it sorry excuse...lol....i'm profound hoh...enjoy AD....glad you are taking classes to be counsilor/interpteter...

hi

TweetyDeaf said:
Hello Everyone,
My name is Mary Lou F. Im deaf that I born deaf. As I can talk , lipreading and Sign Lanuage. I live in Upstate NY . I live small town. And My boyfriend is also deaf too. I was used worked at the Adult home for elderly ladies for 20 years and Now Im no longer to working there. Maybe Someday I'll looking for a job. Im 46 years old. So I m Join to HEAR Meeting in once in while . HEAR Meeting in Albany is very good meeting. Im profound hearing loss in both ear and I wear two Behine the Ear hearing aids.
I am from upstate new york and the mom of a hearing impaired
looking for any good advice to help him

Back