Hey, everyone! New hearing guy!

JoshG

Reaction score
How's it going, people? I joined All Deaf almost a year ago and I've never gotten around to using it. I really want to make new Deaf friends. I've taken three courses in ASL and hope to one day become a certified interpreter. I have completely fallen for the language and culture of the Deaf. I live in Laredo, Texas where the Deaf population is very small! It'd be nice to meet some new people on here. [:

I don't live in Texas and I'm not deaf. :( Why do you only want to be friends with Deaf Texans?

Welcome! Good luck with your studies! If there isn't a large deaf community around where you live, would you move to another city to be an interpreter?

Welcome! Good luck with your studies! If there isn't a large deaf community around where you live, would you move to another city to be an interpreter?

Thank you! I am definitely going to move out of my city once I graduate from college. Once I'm through, I hope to maybe find a job in Austin. Austin is home to the Texas School for The Deaf (TSD) and it has a huge Deaf population.

That's great, I'm a native Texan but I no longer live there...lol And your right Austin does have a large population of deafies. :)

Welcome!

I love your dog!

Bott, I just wanted to say I really like your sig...all I can tell you is that I know that I was 1 when I lost my hearing and that's only because they told me...otherwise I would have just thought I was this way since birth. :D

Back