Hey! Deaf - Usher's Syndrome (type 1) here!

What you means?

What i mean is get a handle on yourself.
Sucks to lose license.
But keep it in pwrspecrive...depressed normal...for situation..suicide thoughts....not.
So
Best advice...have fun...treat yourself smoke a fat joint...and chill,

Same here - I hate visual field test too but I had to do it to ensure that my central vision hasn't changed.
yeah that's why I do them... originally started to do them because of one diagnosis. Still have to even though the original diagnosis has been dropped and a new one added...

Fun.
But at least how they used to take pictures of your retina has changed- 20+ years ago you were practically blinded by the BRIGHT light and flash...

Losing your vision when you are deaf is a lot harder than when a hearing person loses their vision. Losing ANY sense is difficult and challenging. In time most will accept it and learn ways to deal with daily life but good grief man... people ARE allowed to grieve.

I wouldn't know what to do if I couldn't drive anymore- you lose a lot of your independence when you lose that. Sure there is public transportation but you will only see it in the bigger cities, smaller cities may have bus routes but they are ridiculously limited.

Yup, I will have to agree with you. Me and my fiancé both are considered deaf-blind so we can't drive even if we wanted to. It's also quite difficult to find a place to live on your own if there's not much of public transportation as well, so what's important for us is to try and find a place for us to live that let us walk to a grocery nearby.

Sucks to lose license.
But keep it in pwrspecrive...depressed normal...for situation..suicide thoughts....not.
So

Did you ever feel suicidal when you were in prison? Trapped with no way out?

Being deaf/blind and losing the ability to drive is a terrible adjustment.

It's pretty normal to have those thoughts. Especially until you can figure out a way to keep your independence and self esteem.

I not allowed to drive given up bike eye site one of the reasons.it very well say get grip man up not so easy.what someone told me success you have redefine it and that can't be done over night you got figure out what you good at what you can cope with all this comes with depression sadly the depression if people say they don't get depressed I say they liners it just how it handled. Only fox know but give it time fox

Foxrac- he's telling you to 'man up' and quit whining.. or suck it up. That is how I am interpreting it. I am sure he will tell you...eventually.

seriously? What compassion...

Losing your vision when you are deaf is a lot harder than when a hearing person loses their vision. Losing ANY sense is difficult and challenging. In time most will accept it and learn ways to deal with daily life but good grief man... people ARE allowed to grieve.

I wouldn't know what to do if I couldn't drive anymore- you lose a lot of your independence when you lose that. Sure there is public transportation but you will only see it in the bigger cities, smaller cities may have bus routes but they are ridiculously limited.

Yes, public transportation in southern states are abysmal and excellent bus schedule in southern states are limited to inner city that where crime is high so they are strongly socioeconomic and I'm not deserve to be victim of crime. I cannot stay outside for long time in late spring and summer due to heat rash.

I found that loss of driving is one of biggest deal in my life, also there are not many SSP (only 3) in Alabama.

Sucks to lose license.
So

Your statement made me very sad and that's uncalled to say like that so it won't make me feel better. :(

Did you ever feel suicidal when you were in prison? Trapped with no way out?

Being deaf/blind and losing the ability to drive is a terrible adjustment.

It's pretty normal to have those thoughts. Especially until you can figure out a way to keep your independence and self esteem.

No. Ive never suffered from suicidal thoughts...
Even at my worst inside...i felt i wouldnt live..and that it was only a matter of time before i was murdered...and i did get stabbed in my throat..right side..close to centre...milimitre away from adams applle shank entered bottom thrusting up into my tongue chamber of mouth...and almost died.allot of blood loss. You bleed allot getting stuck there...and you need to stop moving..to bring screws to break it up..so i was stomped and beat down real good as i bleed out.....but i never was in a suicidal thought...but did suffer a rather large death wish, at times. If there is a difference..i would just fight like an animal till all bludgeoned and broken and beat down, dragged off, kicked and stomped on....allot of that i deserved...too...lol.also had my rifht cheeck slashed twice..but not very deep...and rhe scars are not too visisble depending on the light...to me anyway.....that kind of thing....
My body suffered greatly in those days..and im sufferinf now all the breaks i endured...as im older....they come back ans haunt me...but i was a bit crazy then...im feeling much much better now.....(bites toothpick)
I was trying to help foxrac get better spirits....i wasnt criticising..i consider him a friend..
Not dead!! dont quit!!!

hoichi, never tell someone who is depressed to "get over it", "man up", etc. No one choses to be depressed and if they could "get over it", they would.

Foxrac, try to take it one day at a time, even one minute at a time. If it gets bad, please see help (call a suicide helpline if you have to). You don't have to go through this alone.

hoichi, never tell someone who is depressed to "get over it", "man up", etc. No one choses to be depressed and if they could "get over it", they would.

Foxrac, try to take it one day at a time, even one minute at a time. If it gets bad, please see help (call a suicide helpline if you have to). You don't have to go through this alone.

Hold on a minute..i didnt state any such thing...i stated get a grip..if you find yourself falling off a ledge...get a grip....
Its proactive...
Realy...
Anyway
He doesnt need a suicide help line.he has us Deaf..his friends here...
Im sure he will be fine.
Smoke a fatty foxrac.....
Youll feel better..."-)

"get a grip" to most people does mean "get over it" and not always in a positive way.

Smoking a fatty isn't the answer to EVERYTHING as I've noticed that's your answer to just about every thread on this forum. Or it seems that way I don't know as I don't read every thread here.

Yes sometimes it's good but it won't solve/resolve everything.

What Foxrac needs or doesn't need is up to him. Friends can help but sometimes even friends might not be able to give the help/advice a person needs.

"get a grip" to most people does mean "get over it" and not always in a positive way.

Smoking a fatty isn't the answer to EVERYTHING as I've noticed that's your answer to just about every thread on this forum. Or it seems that way I don't know as I don't read every thread here.

Yes sometimes it's good but it won't solve/resolve everything.

What Foxrac needs or doesn't need is up to him. Friends can help but sometimes even friends might not be able to give the help/advice a person needs.

Alright...ill change my statement...
Never let them see you sweat foxroc!!!!!!! Not dead dont quit!!!!

And
Smoke a fatty deafduck......youll feel better..."-)

I remember about this hotline.

I went to mental hospital in Florida and I had horrible experience - the nurse was cruel at me and I asked them to find an interpreter 3 times but they refused and it was difficult to write when I was in panic attack. They discharged me after 3 hours of stay without any treatment.

Hold on a minute..i didnt state any such thing...i stated get a grip..if you find yourself falling off a ledge...get a grip....
Its proactive...
Realy...
Anyway
He doesnt need a suicide help line.he has us Deaf..his friends here...
Im sure he will be fine.
Smoke a fatty foxrac.....
Youll feel better..."-)

Mental hospital isn't viable option anymore and they discharged patients after hours of stay and no treatment, also states are not fund the mental health so much anymore.

I don't recommended anyone go to hospital. Just find someone to help.

Back