Hey are you that guy??

ThatGuy

Reaction score
Why yes...yes I am. Hello everyone. I'm new here and looking for people in my area to sign with. I'm hearing, but slowly losing it. I started teaching myself ASL in December of '04 and am currently dating a HOH girl from Illinois. I've met a few Deaf/HOH here and there but would like to find more signers to be around, hang out with, learn from, and befriend. I live in Oxnard, Ca and work in the Thousand Oaks Area, so if you're close send me a message if you like. Thanks

Welcome that Guy!!! I think it's great that more and more late deafened folks are learning Sign! :) More on our side :)....most dhh are late dhh!!!!

Last edited:
Welcome!

I'm Ventura native. My dad and grandmother lives in Oxnard! I was just there recently.

Enjoy this forum. :)

Hello ThatGuy,

Welcome to Alldeaf and enjoy your stay here ;)

ThatGuy, LOL, why does your screenname remind me of TV "That Girl"? :laugh2:

Anyway,..........

9.gif

Hi thatguy, My oldest daughter lives in Illinois. Are you dating with my daughter? grrrr! I am kidding you! My daughter lives in North Chicago on military base with her husband. I am living in Redding, California. Welcome to here, smiling!

G'day ThatGuy

Welcome to AD. I hope you'll bump into fellow Californians here whom you could learn ASL from. Have fun!
Cheers! :wave:

Welcome to AD...hope you enjoy reading through threads and learning new things here and there. Plus meeting new friends in the process! :thumb:

Cheerios! (I'm in Sonoma County, north of San Francisco)

ThatGuy,
Well, sorry to disappoint, but I'm not from California or anywhere nearby. I'm all the way over in CT, but still I thought I would stop by and welcome you to the AD Forum. Hope you find some friends here. Nice to have you.

Perfumelady said:
Hi thatguy, My oldest daughter lives in Illinois. Are you dating with my daughter? grrrr! I am kidding you! My daughter lives in North Chicago on military base with her husband. I am living in Redding, California. Welcome to here, smiling!

Sorry if this is off-topic:
PerfumeLady, your avatar....is that SNL where Jim Carrey and the other two kept swinging their heads the whole time in an episode? That was funny! :) I remember he had a cig in his mouth while swinging his head and it flew out of his mouth. :)

Back