hey any street or dirt bikers? oh hello from bay area Ca

street, dirt bikers any deaf, hh, coda?

• Total voters

SilentRider

Reaction score
I'm ride 1300 Honda for street, and 2 stroke 250 ktm for dirt. What u guys got? Enjoy? Areas u ride?
This my first try for post thanks for your patience and join in chat. :roll:

I used to ride dirt bikes when I was younger. But as I have gotten older, I stopped with dirtbikes and tend to just off road with my Jeep.

hey, hellos245, nice to meet you. have u thought about trying street biking? i really enjoy the freedom, and the time you spent in traffic cut 3/4 off the time. and a bonus the gas miles are excellent. where do u take your jeep to off road?

I've never ridden, but I'm always willing to give something a try at least once. I do like to watch Motocross. I'm only able to watch it on TV, like the DEW TOUR, and XGAMES. I would be interested in finding out if there are any events going on near me, but don't know how. I live in Greenville, North Carolina. I hope to hear more from you on your post. TTYL-
Candice, hearing w/ mild Meniere's

Nice to meet u candice86, cool cool I love watching em too, its alot harder to do the tricks they do so easiky! I went to the Oakland coliseum and saw a race and my jaw dropped how high they can go.. its a lot of fun riding, such a great release. I started by going on Craigslist and bought 2 bikes one two stroke and the other 4 stroke.. they are good for different tracks and areas. I meet many riders and like the way the rider community help each other out and ride. Go to a dirt bike area and check it out.
Peace out

not in USA, but used to ride lots, road and dirt.
RG400,VT250FG (were quite fast for 4strokes back in 1988!) , various dirt bikes, used to ride the track while owner was tractoring/dozing the dirt to rebuild ramps (just us two was there) id be first testing heights, the lifts, and angle of ramps, he's be watching seeing where i land, etc it was a Lot of fun.
im old now, havent ridden bikes for years, would like to ride again, but i worry ive forgotten how to balance the bloody thing, as i had bouts of tinnitus and vertigo in recent years...sadly but if one day then one day i shall, but if i did, it will be a more relaxed bike....so no more two strokes rockets just a sensible VFR750 or similar

also i worked at Manfeild for World Superbikes Championships rounds 3 times...as a flag marshall, i was more comfortable to race on dirt, road, never had encourageent for the reasons road racing's costs were prohibitive

G

btw you should get a Husky360...stoky bastard they are , fat powerband like a 250 but trucks like big 4 strokes...it was reported as an amazing bike (if i was going to do dirt again, i might just get that, and learn Fast LOL...i rode 125s 250s 200s, 510 (husky),hell a Husky should be on my shopping list in a couple years time (provided dirtbiking is still legal)

Lol, that is so bitchin! Thanks for sharing your experiences.... Hey I ride a Honda 1300 for my commute. It's like a Cadillac for streetbike. But a little big, I like your choice. Vfr750 are awesome. Not too big or too small. Hop on one you will be surprised how quick you will remember to balance. The freedom and u know that comes with it is worth it.. yeah I get same thing vertigo and tinnitius.. but I'm used to it. Hmm ill have to check out the husky .. I was thinking of my next dirt bike to be a dual 550 ktm. Street legal. There's a couple of hey 1 and dirt combined races up by fort Bragg that id like to participate .. I have a friend who did it a few times. It sounds challenging as u ride 300 miles in 2 days through streams, trees, etc. Keep your stories coming. I enjoy em.
Keep riding

Nice to meet u candice86, cool cool I love watching em too, its alot harder to do the tricks they do so easiky! I went to the Oakland coliseum and saw a race and my jaw dropped how high they can go.. its a lot of fun riding, such a great release. I started by going on Craigslist and bought 2 bikes one two stroke and the other 4 stroke.. they are good for different tracks and areas. I meet many riders and like the way the rider community help each other out and ride. Go to a dirt bike area and check it out.
Peace out

:ty: Nice to meet you as well, SilentRider. I can't believe the trick they do and the big air they get. I would love to see it up close though.(well not too close :lol: ) I can imagine how much fun it would be. I guess I could search for a local track. My daughter is actually interested in learning to skateboard(she just turned 5 on August 5th). well again, :ty:
HAVE GOOD DAY!! MAY GOD BLESS AND KEEP YOU AND YOURS SAFE!!!!

p.s. I saw you mention something about Ft. Bragg, the only Ft. Bragg I know of is in North Carolina. If that's the one to which you were referring, then that's not far from me. only about 1 - 1 1/2 hours away. :cool2:

Awesome, get her a skateboard! I did it as a kid until I got my license and car at 16, sure kept me out of trouble.. the fort Bragg I referred to is in California ... Pacific ocean. Its a beautiful place to camp, fish, abalone dive, mtn bike, hike. Oh man I miss it now lol _

what? this is an Introduction, he is looking for other deafies who likes Motorcycling... Read again

what? this is an Introduction, he is looking for other deafies who likes Motorcycling... Read again

I know of course well I notice mixing on way I believe it! I observed it! I found it :giggle:

Yep guilty as charged, I'm basically curious if there is any deafie bikers.. and at same time having fun getting exposed to other deafie or hoh or interested ones's views and stories. Been fun. There's alot of interesting and funny stuff here in AD. I'd love to find some bikers and hit the road with. Or dirt trails with. And hear from former riders their experiences and where they have rode. Did done etc.
LIVE TO RIDE

I know several deaf street bikers in Fremont/San Jose. I am considering to get a fat boy harley to travel.

I know several deaf street bikers in Fremont/San Jose. I am considering to get a fat boy harley to travel.

nah, get a Honda VFR750, its a better all rounder, fatboy is frustrating in tight places...

im gonna try get a VFR750 within 2 years, sick of cars its Boring but im keep the car for the dogs (well prolly get a Ute)

Fat Boy? just make sure you're on nice flat road :)

I'll pray for you if you ever encounter any bump

Fat Boy? just make sure you're on nice flat road :)

I'll pray for you if you ever encounter any bump

perfect for a 200lbs guy, definitely not your bike otherwise you can't make a turn :giggle:

Back