hey all

geelove

Reaction score
hi, my name is Geneva I am in school to become a asl interpreter i was first introduced to sign language in elementary school it was offered to use to be able to communicate with the deaf children at the school that is when i first fell in love with the language. I studied ASL all through grade middle and h.s then was not able to use it til years later and sad to say i forgot a lot of sign language. my second son is deaf in his left ear and i hope that he decides to learn the language because it is his culture and also it will aid him in communication if anything happens to his other ear since they don't know why it happened in the left hear.after my children were all school age i decided to go back to school and become an interpreter. I live in Indianapolis and wanted to learn there but they didn't have the program at the time so after waiting a few years to see if they would get the program i decided to relocate to St. Louis mo to take classes i am not certified in asl and deaf studies and in my first year of the interpreting program. i enjoy the program and learning from my deaf teachers, i participated in a deaf weekend event a few weeks ago and really enjoyed myself. i look forward to meeting new people on here.

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. I hope you enjoy reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

Back