Hey All

CrazyInWeston

Reaction score
Hello my name is Dave, just thought I'd Introduce myself here.

I'm 22yrs old and have been HoH since birth.

Hearing is garbled/fuzzy - Condition is called Recruitment. (Subtitles is a must and simply turning the volume up makes no different whatsoever.)

I don't sign, but I can lip-read, however, I do need the sound of someone's voice in order to do so, I cannot silent lip-read. My brain fuses the two elements together in order to "hear" so to speak.

I live in Weston-super-Mare, England.

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. Well, you need to learn BSL in England as it is visual for you to understand what a Deaf or someone who knows BSL to communicate better than lipread. Lipreading is really suck. It is not easy getting around it trying to understand someone especially to a stranger that you don't know. I hope you can find a place to learn BSL so that your mind would not be fuse into two elements together. :lol:

There are many topics you can choose to discuss and post on the forum. So have fun here. See you around here. :wave:

Hi there. We have a few young people from England. Hopefully you will run across them here.

:welcome:

Hello my name is Dave, just thought I'd Introduce myself here.

I'm 22yrs old and have been HoH since birth.

Hearing is garbled/fuzzy - Condition is called Recruitment. (Subtitles is a must and simply turning the volume up makes no different whatsoever.)

I don't sign, but I can lip-read, however, I do need the sound of someone's voice in order to do so, I cannot silent lip-read. My brain fuses the two elements together in order to "hear" so to speak.

I live in Weston-super-Mare, England.

Same here! So I know how you feel! :wave: I' m still learning BSL and I love it, I don't live there... I live miles and miles -let's just say a whole ocen away but I learned :D

Welcome! :wave:

Back