Hero's new Deaf hero.

FxAvatar

Reaction score
Ok, I know this is a bit delayed, but I kind of wanted to see where the writers were going with this. Anyways, I was thinking about the episode that had the new girl on it that is deaf. They are just touching on her story so far, but that is typical of hero's. Introduce a new hero, show a touch of his or her powers, and then leave them alone an episode or 2 only to bring them into the fabric of the storyline later.
What I wanted to talk about was her powers. Not looking at the fact that the “powers” the deaf girl got was to “hear”, but at the way they did it. The way she can “see sound”. I have read a few posts of what is it like to hear, and I have to say this (and possibly the way they made Daredevil “see”) is a great example of what sound “sounds” like. Sometimes it seems sharp and fight’s itself and is uncomfortable, other times, it mixes into a wonderful blend of intermixing that comes out nothing less than beautiful.

What do you all think?.. Am I off?

Ok, I know this is a bit delayed, but I kind of wanted to see where the writers were going with this. Anyways, I was thinking about the episode that had the new girl on it that is deaf. They are just touching on her story so far, but that is typical of hero's. Introduce a new hero, show a touch of his or her powers, and then leave them alone an episode or 2 only to bring them into the fabric of the storyline later.
What I wanted to talk about was her powers. Not looking at the fact that the “powers” the deaf girl got was to “hear”, but at the way they did it. The way she can “see sound”. I have read a few posts of what is it like to hear, and I have to say this (and possibly the way they made Daredevil “see”) is a great example of what sound “sounds” like. Sometimes it seems sharp and fight’s itself and is uncomfortable, other times, it mixes into a wonderful blend of intermixing that comes out nothing less than beautiful.

What do you all think?.. Am I off?
Wave Theory - Visual Representation of sound/e.m. wave on Vimeo

That link shows a visual representation of sound waves.

The girl in the show is Deanne Bray.

I hope she learns to manipulate the power to cure Jiro brain tumor.

It is like powerful ultrasound. It showed when she lost control and damaged a wall with her power.

Back