Here stupid Sidekick FAN.

WTF? What's wrong with you??

I can't wait to get SK3... it would coming soon.

Not enough for me to give up my Blackberry. Nothing they did increased the coverage, so bad coverage isn't helped by this new phone. I'd be downgrading from Sprint to T-Mobile coverage.

No video, and in order to get at the SD slot, you have to open the back cover. Music player doesn't help me any either. So, all I get is a 1.3Mpixel camera when I already have a cheap 6.0Mpixel camera.

I was hoping for a little more customization as well, you can't even change the font sizes on the Sidekick 3. The Blackberry I have allows me to put on themes, change the font colors, style, and size, and on top of all that, access to thousands of free programs out there. How many programs does the Sidekick have? 10? 20?

Dennis said:
Not enough for me to give up my Blackberry. Nothing they did increased the coverage, so bad coverage isn't helped by this new phone. I'd be downgrading from Sprint to T-Mobile coverage.

No video, and in order to get at the SD slot, you have to open the back cover. Music player doesn't help me any either. So, all I get is a 1.3Mpixel camera when I already have a cheap 6.0Mpixel camera.

I was hoping for a little more customization as well, you can't even change the font sizes on the Sidekick 3. The Blackberry I have allows me to put on themes, change the font colors, style, and size, and on top of all that, access to thousands of free programs out there. How many programs does the Sidekick have? 10? 20?

Then Sidekick 3 is not for you since you require "eye candies".

Sidekick 3 is a communication device, simplified for common communication use, since it's a phone! *gah*

miniSD is used for music files and pictures, and yes, you have to open the back cover to get an access to it, I find it as a cool feature, very protective.

I *LOVE* sidekick's "desktop interface" where if your sidekick is broken, you can get an access to your info on PC and back-up are automatically restored when we get new sidekick device.

Check this out: http://www.sidekickiii.com (flash required)

Sidekick 3 will be released on July 10th. You can order it online starting June 28th.

For fully qualified upgrades, $300 on a 2 year contract and $350 on a 1 year contract. $400 on prepaid.

display is not satisfactory. It's not bright enough to see actual white.

you get "wash" picture.

I have make up my mind. I don't want SK3 at all... I am looking forward on Nokia E70

from just looking at the picture? You haven't seen the actual one in person yet! Wait till June 28 then go to T-Mobile to see one on display so you can demo it..

SilverPanda said:
Sidekick 3 will be released on July 10th. You can order it online starting June 28th.

July 10th is for new customers. June 28th is for existing customers to upgrade from previous sidekick.

SilverPanda said:
For fully qualified upgrades, $300 on a 2 year contract and $350 on a 1 year contract. $400 on prepaid.

LinuxGold said:

Sidekick 3 is a communication device, simplified for common communication use, since it's a phone! *gah*

miniSD is used for music files and pictures, and yes, you have to open the back cover to get an access to it, I find it as a cool feature, very protective.

I *LOVE* sidekick's "desktop interface" where if your sidekick is broken, you can get an access to your info on PC and back-up are automatically restored when we get new sidekick device.

I disagree that I need "eye candy." I do agree that I want a higher degree of customization than the Sidekick allows. I DO want to get more readable fonts, like Verdana, in a larger size, like 12 point!

I do want to talk more about the SD card. I bet there will be customizations down the line that customers will do to make the card slot more accessible because the system only uses USB 1.1. I mean, when I snap pictures off my digital camera, it's much faster to use a USB Card reader on the laptop than USB 1.1, which my laptop is limited to. (It's a Toshiba Tecra 9100).

Admittedly, "web access" for devices is always good. It's nice that the Sidekick and Blackberry have this in common, as all my email, calendar, and contacts all show up on my PC as well as my Blackberry.

LinuxGold said:

That's nice one... thanks for information. :)

VamPyroX said:
Wow, that looks good.

I like the bluetooth feature.
Vamp, can you state what specifically do you like about the Bluetooth ability? Are you planning on using any Bluetooth headsets with it?

Nice information and I am not interested in buying this, so I might pick a blackberry or Motorola Q this fall instead.

Boult said:
from just looking at the picture? You haven't seen the actual one in person yet! Wait till June 28 then go to T-Mobile to see one on display so you can demo it..

umm.. I already saw the actual SK3. The display is awful, pretty same as SidekickII

EDGE said:
umm.. I already saw the actual SK3. The display is awful, pretty same as SidekickII

Nah, you don't go to Tmobile to check SK3 as demo because it don't release yet though. :liar:

Back