Here it is - Being on SSI can be better than "Normal Life"

Health insurance is pretty poor on SSI/SSDI. Even though Medicaid is federal dollars, the states control the programs. I know people on SSI who can no longer find a dentist and haven't been for half a dozen years or more.

When I had my wisdoms removed - I had top notch service, I paid only a co-pay of $2.

with SSI, you wouldn't have great adventure out the actual state

with SSI, you wouldn't have great adventure out the actual state

When I was on SSI, I went to Las Vegas and *gasp* gambled.

When I was on SSI, I went to these states:
Kansas, Wyoming, Nebraska, South Dakota, Utah, Nevada, California, Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Missouri, Iowa, Illinois, Florida, New York, PA, and many more.

I know many people who are working don't do that.

When I was on SSI, I went to Las Vegas and *gasp* gambled.

When I was on SSI, I went to these states:
Kansas, Wyoming, Nebraska, South Dakota, Utah, Nevada, California, Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Missouri, Iowa, Illinois, Florida, New York, PA, and many more.

I know many people who are working don't do that.

if your home is paid off by the welfare program then sure you can afford to travel out there.

Really? Hmm... I'd love to learn more.

I want off of the damned SSI system. :/

The money I get from SSI is not even enough to get me off of SSI. Right now, I'm in the middle of a major PC rebuild because I lost my main PC that helped me communicate, aside from the SorensonVRS VP200.

It's been so long since I last signed that my conversation with my ex last week was a little stressful because I could not sign well, nor clearly enough for the interpreter to understand.

... I need to find other local deafs to start signing fluently again. It's been nearly 3 years since I last signed... and the SorensonVRS VP200 is the first time I ever signed in front of... or in front of anyone, for that matter due to me relying more and more on my hearing and sight to communicate with hearing people.

But if those methods work... and pfh clearly shows that it does... then I'm going to use those methods to get myself a damned job where I can ACTUALLY earn money, rather than live off of SSI, like I have for the past 20 years.

Me retired from SSI permanently! I really do not want ever go back to their lousy system.

I find unreleastic that couple can get over 15 hundred a month from SSI, but from SSDI yeah, it is possible. SSI maximum check per person is 675 dollars a month I think, and if you are married, your SSI check will be reduced, I know for fact. I know for fact that SSI do not have trial period like SSDI does. SSI will cut by a dollar for every two dollars you make after the first 80 dollars from wage. SSDI, just that if you make 980 a month, then you get nothing from SSDI, but if you make 979 dollars, you keep all of SSDI check for that month.

I rather keep my job and I consider my current job to be last one. I love my job and want to keep that way for as long as possible. This would return a fatter SSDI check and SS check when I retire. Point here is, if I quit working now, my SSDI check will be that amount til I bury, no thanks. I rather keep work to push the SSDI check higher.

I currently own the house, it would be alot cheaper than Section 8, the section 8 is based on your income, they charge you rent based on 30% of your income, so that means if you earn 1,500 dollars a month, the rent will be 450 dollars a month not 80 dollars. I know for sure because I was there and used to live in Section 8 more than 10 years ago, and tell you this, it SUCKS! Of course there are apartments that is real nice, but they go tto nose in your personal income information. yike I hate that!

Back