Here I am again

TheHalfWayMan

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the forum and some of you probably know me by now.

For those who don't, my name is Fahed, i'm 28 with 3 kids, from London and now in the UAE. I can hear and I've come on board to make deaf friends and learn about Deaf life, Deaf culture, Deaf attitudes and get advice from Deaf people regarding Deaf issues.

Any warm welcomes and personal introductions?

Welcome to AllDeaf.com - glad you have joined us here. :)

Dubai? Do you like living in the UAE?

Welcome to AllDeaf.com - glad you have joined us here. :)

Dubai? Do you like living in the UAE?
THanks for the Welcome. I haven't been in the UAE for that long, but its definitely a nice place. Its much warmer than the UK and, it seems, the sun has a brightening affect on people. The area which I'm in is much more family-orientated and that is definitely something me and my family value alot.

Where are you?

Cool! Do you know of a web resource where I can see the alphabet in sign language? Also, is there a difference in alphabet between the sign languages of different countries?

If you do a search for sign language fonts you can usually find some. Mine is in ASL, and yes it does differ between the countries. I have never looked to see if the manual alphabet is the same or not so I cant say yes or no to that one.

If you do an image search for sign alphabet you can find some pictures with it, I like fingerspelling Nick its better than Nicholas, that gives me finger cramps :)

I like fingerspelling Nick its better than Nicholas, that gives me finger cramps :)
Lol! I watched the guys on the DeafTax website and was amazed at their speed.

I don't want to ask too many questions (as I could get answers by googling and waiting for my course books to come), but it gives me a chance to talk with you.

Can you tell me, when does fingerspelling get used? Is it just when there's no sign for a specific word?

Also, thanks for the search idea, I'm trying them now.

Lol! I watched the guys on the DeafTax website and was amazed at their speed.

I don't want to ask too many questions (as I could get answers by googling and waiting for my course books to come), but it gives me a chance to talk with you.

Can you tell me, when does fingerspelling get used? Is it just when there's no sign for a specific word?

Also, thanks for the search idea, I'm trying them now.

You never bother me with questions, but if you have AOL AIM that would be easier to talk on, my screen name is the same as name on here. Feel free to hit me up. Fingerspelling is used when there no sign for the word, or you dont know the sign for the word. A lot of beginning signers use it and someone who is a fluent signer will USUALLY show you the sign that you spelled.

You never bother me with questions, but if you have AOL AIM that would be easier to talk on, my screen name is the same as name on here. Feel free to hit me up. Fingerspelling is used when there no sign for the word, or you dont know the sign for the word. A lot of beginning signers use it and someone who is a fluent signer will USUALLY show you the sign that you spelled.

I've got lots of questions and will post them in the main boards. For now, I'd just like to say its nice to meet you and thanks for your warm welcome.

Also, as this is an "Introduce Yourself" thread, I would just like tell everybody that I am not very Deaf aware and I'm sorry (in advance) if I ever say anything wrong, offensive or hurtful. I kindly request that, if it ever happens, that you forgive me and correct me.

I've got lots of questions and will post them in the main boards. For now, I'd just like to say its nice to meet you and thanks for your warm welcome.

Also, as this is an "Introduce Yourself" thread, I would just like tell everybody that I am not very Deaf aware and I'm sorry (in advance) if I ever say anything wrong, offensive or hurtful. I kindly request that, if it ever happens, that you forgive me and correct me.

No problem and the offer to chat always stands, i love chatting :giggle:

Hello and :welcome: to AD! Hope you will enjoy your way around the threads. :)

Back