help

I'm 23 and I still live at home with my mom and stepdad, and oh man... I want to get the implant, but I know my mom isn't too crazy for the idea (she says she'll support me however, but... she's a mom, she worries too much and just doesn't really fully understand what goes on in my head).

Don't let your family get to you. It should be YOUR decision, as it's something you'll have to live with for the rest of your life.

STEVEESP52 thank you so much and it helps alot to i have been hoh and deaf sence age 3 so all i really know is deaf and what my hearing aids pick up i still dont know what i am doing my family said if i dotn get ci then it just going to make me living at home harder bc no willing to learn asl or anything so yea but thank for the info add me toyour friends

If that's the case, I agree with the others who suggested that you find a job and move out.

ok thanks

One more thing, did you get your own income from SSI or SSDI from the Social Security Administration, so that you can move out on your own to rent an apartment and maybe to find a roommate to share with (make sure you find someone you trust like close friend or someone you know of very well)? If you don't have an income, then it is going to be hard to move out on your own. So hopefully you will be able to find a job that you like to work or apply for a Social Security benefit or fund, so that you get on your feet. I wish you all the luck in the world. :hug:

and what my hearing aids pick up i still dont know what i am doing my family said if i dotn get ci then it just going to make me living at home harder bc no willing to learn asl or anything
how much can you hear with HA? You might hear too much with HA to even qualify for CI.

how much can you hear with HA? You might hear too much with HA to even qualify for CI.

It's a tough choice, but you have to do what is right for you in your heart. If you don't feel good about CI, don't have the surgery. They have no right to force or guilt you into it. That is a personal choice only YOU can make. Good luck with following your heart.

Back