Help

Alisteal, ur daughter doesnt need to go deaf school, go near ur local school district and they should provide deaf program but poor or weak if ok with u alike my younger daughter is going to public school, she is 22 mo, preschool/ECEAP.

point is for urself HA not ur daughter then why talk about ur daughter's insurance :)

u not work but u said ur annual good enough i mean government or state medical assistance uneligible to issue u, if i m right, then look for insurance company coverage ur HA that is only way I think, by the way, Medicaid or medicare arent same state medical coupon from Department Social Healthy Services it is just a medical coupon, they used to say "green coupon" covered everything but limit like physical therapy 10 times a yr, once dental, eye once too which not bad

Just try to apply at ur local Community Service Office aka DSHS ask for medical assistance for urself, they use to help maternity til baby 1 y.o., worth to try

ur daughter doesnt need to go deaf school, go near ur local school district and they should provide deaf program
Sorry for going off topic....*blush*....but the reason I posted that link was b/c maybe the people at the school for the Deaf might know of resources where people who need them, can get hearing aids.
Freewoman, I know that the perception is that deaf schools are REALLY bad academicly, but they tend to be REALLY good at early intervention Deaf and hard of hearing kids need VERY specialized EI programs....and that's something that not too many general ed or general early intevention programs tend to offer.

deafdyke said:
Sorry for going off topic....*blush*....but the reason I posted that link was b/c maybe the people at the school for the Deaf might know of resources where people who need them, can get <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=22&k=hearing%20aids" onmouseover="window.status='hearing aids'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">hearing aids</a>.
Freewoman, I know that the perception is that deaf schools are REALLY bad academicly, but they tend to be REALLY good at early intervention Deaf and hard of hearing kids need VERY specialized EI programs....and that's something that not too many general ed or general early intevention programs tend to offer.

where i live here far 6 hrs to deaf school no way to send my girls there and they would get tired from long trip there and here, home, neither i would let girls stay there til fri home and sun back to school, NO!I would miss my girls badly plus they re too little. Public school here hired one of deaf school workers there is lady from deaf school works in here brings some info :)
but point is why her daughter's she talks about HA for herself what can her daughter help her get insurance covered/involved :/ but since she is pregnant government state medical assistance would help her unless her income below limit in family/household they will help her

Oh.....and I think a really good idear when it comes time to transistion to preschool/kindergarten from EI, would be to bring your daughter to the school for an evalution/testing....and see what Deaf educators think might be a good way to supplement your homeschooling.

Freewoman76 said:
where i live here far 6 hrs to deaf school no way to send my girls there and they would get tired from long trip there and here, home, neither i would let girls stay there til fri home and sun back to school, NO!I would miss my girls badly plus they re too little. Public school here hired one of deaf school workers there is lady from deaf school works in here brings some info :)
but point is why her daughter's she talks about HA for herself what can her daughter help her get insurance covered/involved :/ but since she is pregnant government state medical assistance would help her unless her income below (oops, I meant over ) limit in family/household they will help her

:mrgreen:

Alisteal said:
OK so after my audiologist apointment I need HAs in BOTH ears. Insurance won't cover a thing! I can't afford them. I need resources if anyone can help. I'm in Indiana and need any resources that can help. Anyone have any ideas about any group or anything that can help?

The Starkey's Foundation sells discounted hearing aids at about $100 each to eligible low income applicants.

You can find the application at www.sotheworldmayhear.org and the hearing aids are likely to be refurbished than brand new ones. I was at Starkeys Labs and saw how they done it.

Richard

Public school here hired one of deaf school workers there is lady from deaf school works in here brings some info
Oh, so you have a regional deaf program in your school? That works....and I can understand 100% why you wouldn't want to send your daughters away six hours.......However, if it IS feasible, then it's better for dhh kids to go to a specialized school or regional program for their early intervention, rather then being mainstreamed in either a regular school or a Headstart/general early intervention type program.

deafdyke said:
Oh, so you have a regional deaf program in your school? That works....and I can understand 100% why you wouldn't want to send your daughters away six hours.......However, if it IS feasible, then it's better for dhh kids to go to a specialized school or regional program for their early intervention, rather then being mainstreamed in either a regular school or a Headstart/general early intervention type program.

yeah, for older daughter of 5 is going to Headstart at elementary school now since her 18 m.o. she used to go elementary, ECEAP, she doing fine there she got both Hearing Aids covered by state medical coupon cuz she is hard of hearing can hear pretty good talks on phone without HA. Younger daughter of 22 m.o. yet has not HA cuz she is profoundly deaf i prefer her learn ASL first later if she would like to have HA in near future she will tell me likes it or not, she was going to 0 to 3 yrs old program she is so stubborn, independent girl got temper often i decided her stay home let speech therapist and teacher coming my home to get know them then back go to elementary familiar with someone, dunno, i have used to wear HA before really not work for me i grew up with deaf family by Russian Sign Language never hear/lipreading, so hard for me to uddy words hearing :)

all i wish to help Alisteal where she could get HA covered by ins all i know state medical assistance will cover but i cant ask her income, she can just apply there as she is preggy need medical assistance got coupon and try for HA before baby is 1 y.o. assistance may be terminated when she returns to work, back with her insurance, blue cross and blue shiels like i did before when i got car accident dr prescribed me bedrest unable to work but i need insurance for my preggy of 3 mo dr recommended me to state medical assistance then returned to work when baby was 3 mo back with bcbs since now :)

Well that's good....I think that headstart type programs can be really good for kids who are hoh.....and hopefully there is a regional collabrative for your daughters when they get a little older.....and don't dismiss the state school for the deaf totally out of hand for when they get a little older....Even a lot of the superstar high achiever types find jr high and high school MISRABLE!!!!
I definitly don't think that little kids should go off to boarding school.....unless of course they are foster, homeless or in a REALLY bad family sittuion.....but I think fifth and fourthgraders can handle res school, and coming home for the weekends. Maybe actually when they are a little older, you can move to a different state where you might be a little closer to a deaf school or a regional collabrative.....Trust me.....a lot of people start out in the mainstream thinking everything's going to go just fine and dandy....and it does start out OK, but then falls apart.

well state will not cover a thing. I don't qualify. so in other words we're screwed and I will continue to go without HAs even though I don't like not hearing things.

Back