Help with PAPER please : AGAINST COCHLEAR IMPLANTS

The OP has been a member for four and one half years.

Odd they can't even spell it let alone know how to search for negative posts about CI>

I wonder if they didn't just want to see another big fight start.

Minor surgery = surgery done on someone else
Major surgery = any surgery done on yourself or a loved one.
:giggle:

FF what do you mean by "hole" everytime you say that, it make me think there is a hole in my skull that expose the brain.

FF what do you mean by "hole" everytime you say that, it make me think there is a hole in my skull that expose the brain.

sorry if i use the tacky word, Whatever doctor use drill into the skull bone to get through the inner ear. so what leave me to say hole in the skull by inplanting the device inserted there.

The OP has been a member for four and one half years.

Odd they can't even spell it let alone know how to search for negative posts about CI>

I wonder if they didn't just want to see another big fight start.

Probably wanted to see the same members fight again about CIs. :roll:

first off you may want to get the proper name of your topic right...its cochlear IMPLANTS ..and CI's help a lot of ppl so why would you want to write about its negative side..it doesn't have many negatives in my opinion other than it being called a cure..which its not..but that's besides the point

Certainly is NOT a cure but it sure has helped a LOT of people that want to hear. The key here is WANT or DESIRE to hear and research is on going all the time. As to scar? I can't see mine as it seems to be right where the ear attachés to the head, looks to me like they cut right at the apex and folded the ear forward, did their thing and put it back, as far as I know I had no stitches at all, and while surgery was done in afternoon I went home about three or four hours later. I guess I was lucky as it was a piece of cake. Been activated about three months now and tremendous improvement. I'm actually starting to enjoy getting out in groups and being able to take part. Something I've not been able to do in years.
Any one in the Phoenix area I sure would appreciate if you would PM me or contact me. Regards

Actually a lot of CI surgeries are done on an outpatient basis ..my friends daughter just had her surgery done 2 weeks ago and she was out the same day as well

fight!fight!fight!

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

But to be on topic, personally I think major surgery is anything that involves anesthesia of some sort. Minor surgery would be something that doesn't involve it, like small incisions or stitches.

I believe CI uses anesthetics, so that would fall under major in this classification.

I had 2 fillings today which involved some kind of anaesthetic injections but I don't consider it surgery.

if you want to put it that way..
Let me revise what I'm saying.

Major surgery: Anything in an operating room or medical hospital of a sort that involves anesthetic usage.

This criteria should omit the dentist, podiatrists, pediatrician, etc..

They put you to sleep type of anesthetic is what he is talking about

Personally, I think any procedure using general anesthesia is major.

That being said, while I also agree the last thing the world needs is another sensationalist report from either side of the debate, that may just be the point here. A debate. It could even be an assignment. I had to write a ton of debate papers from an extreme point of view that i may not have agreed with.

I don't know the OP or if they have a history of trouble making, but the account has been dormant for over a year until this thread... could be the child of a former poster looking for research.

I agree WB, In fact, there will always an "ugh, not another one" type of research paper. Abortion, gun debate even I did a paper on communication options for the deaf. people do learn from it. I don't know if this poster started college or not (assuming she is taking summer courses)

LMAO at ear plants! I don't have an ear plant, I use a herring aid ;-) I've been saying it wrong then- I say cock-lear, how are you supposed to say it? Cotch-lear? Cosh-lear? I like the way the OP hasn't done any research and wants us to tell him/her all about ear plants...

I didn't see a response to this yet.

coke-lee-err (coke, like the soda's nickname)

LMAO at ear plants! I don't have an ear plant, I use a herring aid ;-) I've been saying it wrong then- I say cock-lear, how are you supposed to say it? Cotch-lear? Cosh-lear? I like the way the OP hasn't done any research and wants us to tell him/her all about ear plants...

A "herring aid" ??...Now we got "fish" in our ears....

Back