Help with batteries please

jackie010307

Reaction score
I've done a few searches but haven't come up with anything, so I'm sorry if this has already been discussed. I am not getting my cros system for 2 weeks, but I started trying to compare battery prices a few days ago and I have a few questions I hope someone can help me with. All questions are regarding a size 13 battery.
1) Probably not, but do they make a rechargeable?
2) There are so many brands, some I've never even heard of, some like rayovac and duracell I see at the store all the time. Is one brand really better, and if so which?
3) I have sams club and bjs. Haven't checked sams club but bjs seemed on par with everyone else for price and they don't have bulk boxes, just a package of 24. No costco here. Where is the best place to buy in bulk both in person and online?

Thanks in advance for the help!

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/PowerOne-Size-13-Rechargeable-Batteries/dp/B0019ACRME/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1373044051&sr=8-1&keywords=size+13+rechargeable+batteries]Amazon.com: PowerOne ACCU plus Size 13 Rechargeable Hearing Aid Batteries: Health & Personal Care[/ame]

Have you used these? Do they hold a charge? I wish I knew these existed a long time ago :D.

Op-I usually get mine at Walgreens, the Walgreens brand, they are generally on sale by one get one free for the large multi-packs or whatever.

No, I haven't. The charger is expensive and I use Power One disposables that I buy 60 per time from Ebay.

The rechargeable have a lifespan of around two years and need replaced, so I don't think it is more cost effective.

I used to have solar rechargeable, and they were a big disappointment, lasting less than a day per charge.

I use Power One or Rayovac 675 batteries.

I looked into the rechargeables but they say if you don't get a week usage with throw away batteries, you won't get a day usage with the rechargeables so doesn't make it worth it. Cheaper to use throw away batteries.

I know some people here use Costco batteries even if your hearing aids are not from Costco and they find them very good.

This is what I read. It's 10 days, not a week

Not every hearing aid is suited to the use of rechargeable batteries - some hearing aids have too high an energy consumption. As a rule of thumb, if your hearing aid can supply current for more than 10 days without the zinc air battery needing to be changed, it is worth considering rechargeable batteries as an alternative power source.

I believe even with size 13 batteries in a CROS system, you won't get 10 days from throw away batteries.

yeah besides, I'm a 13er here so having a battery that lasts 2 weeks which is nice ;)
(I recommend using some Duracell and Power Ones too, I still have other brands of batteries in my cabinet which aren't used yet but I'll see how it works out :D )

Thanks for all the replies! I looked at the rechargeable ones, but 170 for a charger seems a little much. I will check walgreens here, also.

Shame there's no CostCo around there- I've never had a problem with their batteries, and I've never seen lower prices on them. Sams Club is decently priced, but I hate their packaging. Some like the convenience of being able to rip off two batteries from the pack, but I find that it means lost of lost batteries.

I went on fleaBay and noticed two new manufacturers of batteries. One is made in Japan and the other, I am not sure.

Out of curiosity, I ordered a small number of each, will try them out and report back. Seller claims both are highly rated, and because they cost less, I want to see if they are worth the savings.

Back