Help with Baby monitors

Hearingwife

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

My husband (deaf) and I (hearing) are expecting our first child and I am looking into the best options for a vibrating baby cry monitor. Anyone have personal experience with a brand/type/model they are willing to share with me?

I have looked into the sonic alert systems, but would prefer one that didn't rely on flashing a lamp as the indicator, and my husband very much likes the idea of a vibrating alert system, like in a wrist watch or some such item.

Any and all comments are appreciated.

Hi Everyone

My husband (deaf) and I (hearing) are expecting our first child and I am looking into the best options for a vibrating baby cry monitor. Anyone have personal experience with a brand/type/model they are willing to share with me?

I have looked into the sonic alert systems, but would prefer one that didn't rely on flashing a lamp as the indicator, and my husband very much likes the idea of a vibrating alert system, like in a wrist watch or some such item.

Hello there.......I only know of the flasher so I can't help. It really worked for us. May be someone else would know if there is a vibrating one?

Hi Everyone

I use Sonic Alert that use both vibrate and light flaser. They also have a baby crier that goes with that too. You can check it out at Harris Communications - products for deaf, deafness, hard of hearing, hearing impaired, and hearing loss. or HearMore.com - Variety of products for deaf, deafness, hearing impaired, hard of hearing so Hope that helps in some way. :)

I use the Sonic Alert universal Sound signaller / Baby cry ( i actaully use it to detect my blackberry ringing lol )

It will trigger a Sonic Boom (and any other sonic receivers you have) - as well as flashing lights

I use the Sonic Alert universal Sound signaller / Baby cry ( i actaully use it to detect my blackberry ringing lol )

It will trigger a Sonic Boom (and any other sonic receivers you have) - as well as flashing lights
Yeah, that's a good product. My friend uses that too.

Thanks everyone! My husband has the portable Sonic Alert vibrating alarm clock and loves it. I think I will go with the Sonic alert sound signaler system for the baby as well.

hope they do the job for you :)

I got a vibrating system (that sounds so kinky lol) when I was expecting and we used it alot for the first little one, then the 2nd came along and Shannon tells me when she is crying, but John my other half (hearing) does the nightshift *angelic grin* they don't actually wake up in the night but you never know !

hope they do the job for you :)

I got a vibrating system (that sounds so kinky lol) when I was expecting and we used it alot for the first little one, then the 2nd came along and Shannon tells me when she is crying, but John my other half (hearing) does the nightshift *angelic grin* they don't actually wake up in the night but you never know !
Hahaha... I know the feeling. My uncle got me a vibrating alarm clock. When I saw him 30 minutes later, I said in front of everyone... "Thanks for the vibrator!" Oops!

My sister uses a special monitor where you place a 1'x1' pad under the mattress. When the pad senses no motion, it sets off the alarm. All bodies have a little motion, heartbeat, breathing, etc. If a baby stops breathing, the alarm goes off.

My sister uses a special monitor where you place a 1'x1' pad under the mattress. When the pad senses no motion, it sets off the alarm. All bodies have a little motion, heartbeat, breathing, etc. If a baby stops breathing, the alarm goes off.

we had one too, very good it was, sold it on ebay not long ago.

Back