Help uncover a Mystery - PLEASE help

lol sorry. can't help you much there. I consider myself as a good lip-reader but..... this one is unreadable. and freaky.
Also, the assumption is that she's speaking English.

How do we know that the back story is true?

We don't. It's all pure speculation of course.

How do we know that part of the story is true, and if it is, that it even relates to the young woman?

Well like many mysteries we can't say for sure. It's all circumstantial. Someone uploaded a youtube video with barbie.avi. The video mirrors .gif clips the original writer of that thread posted months before the youtube videos were posted.

If the video of "barbie" is about 30 years old, how would the condition of the shack be relevant today?

The shack is disheveled - or made to look that way? Given his observation of the brand new, locked, door it's safe to say that someone has at least done work on it.

To answer your question directly & without the speculation I can't say for certain. It would be logically safe to assume that the video and the shack may not actually be related. I never thought about that until now.

Send it to Quantico--they have experts for that. :)

Oh interesting. Thank you!

The story has too much embellishment. It seems fabricated. I don't think that it's real.

The story has too much embellishment. It seems fabricated. I don't think that it's real.

What parts of it are embellished do you think? I find some elements of it hard to believe. For example how he found the tower and the existence of the .avi. It's strange but I have an uncanny interest to learn more.

Understandable.

One clue that someone is lying is that the story is too detailed. The person is making up details to sound credible.

The person who allegedly found the computer didn't just say that he found it (which is what I would say). This person goes into an elaborate tale about finding it and investigating the structure. He's trying too hard.

This is a thread from the guy who found the dumped computer that had the .avi videos from an abandoned house.

4chanarchive - /x/ - Creepypasta: barbie.avi

Some speculation that this girl may be dead, committed suicide.

I was able to lip read something, something about her disgust with her skin and at the end of video 3, she said, "signing off"

Her facial expression showed alot of depression.

The cam footage appears to be uploaded from a old style camera from the 1980s and converted as a upload into a computer judging her hairstyle from the time and clothing styles as well.

The thread from the looks of it, is about "Urban Dwellers" a popular hobby from people who likes to visit abandoned places, like old homes, hospitals, asylums, factories, etc. There's alot of websites dedicated to urban dwelling and they uploading pics of places they have visited. There's been some claims of ghost sightings as well.

Yiz

Not the first time she said "Signing off" either.

Understandable.

One clue that someone is lying is that the story is too detailed. The person is making up details to sound credible.

The person who allegedly found the computer didn't just say that he found it (which is what I would say). This person goes into an elaborate tale about finding it and investigating the structure. He's trying too hard.

? Go to the archive here and read through it:

4chan Archive

I think you may be premature in your observations. The writer is genuinely interested in what he's found and the nature of his discoveries. Of course it could be fabricated. But at least entertain the idea that it isn't.

Two questions:

What is in it for you? What is in it for us?

And don't tell me beer. I have the best beer right here, literally.

I read the info on that site. It' detailed. The person makes an emotional plea up front. He tries get people to emotionally connect to this poor girl. Playing on emotions so that you don't question the story.

It has entertainment value, I guess, but it's not worth spending any time on it.

Add aliens and you've got a television show.

Further clues to the nature of this video and credibility to the original poster.

Ooohf. I don't know. Personal gratification and e-bragging rights? :3 Shits awesome you can lip-read!

Haha <3

So.... In other words you need some cred?

I think TLF is just interested in solving unsolved mysteries as a hobby. Some people are like that, Sometimes I'm like that as well.

Back