help please!

DemeJ

Reaction score
I'm a hearing ASL student. I must become involved in the Deaf community, and make deaf friends. Since I have I cannot drive, I cannot attend local Deaf events. Will somebody Skype with me and teach me your culture and language?

Last edited:
I live in Virginia. I am a college student. Skype name is demecjackson

Last edited:
maybe a lil on the late side...but i cannot believe soooooo many viewed your post and only 1 FLIPPIN reply!!...i have been soooo busy, i have not been on here in MONTHS! will try to be on more if you need some one to skype let me know

I'm a hearing ASL student. I must become involved in the Deaf community, and make deaf friends. Since I have I cannot drive, I cannot attend local Deaf events. Will somebody Skype with me and teach me your culture and language?

Take a taxi or a local bus to go into the Deaf events. If you are living in a small town, then you might ask someone to take you to the Deaf event in the city. You need to meet real Deaf people instead of being here on AD or online. This is the way we communicate in the Deaf community in person. If you are in the ASL class, you should know better than to come in AD for communicating. Did your teacher tell you to go to the Deaf events or to come into the computer like AD here? You just have to learn to do what your ASL teacher tell you. Please do not be lazy if you are not able to go to the Deaf events.

I see that you're in VA. I don't know how far you're from Gallaudet. If you can, go take a road trip. It would be more fun than Skype.

i know it can be difficult just turning up at deaf club but keep doing it and you make friends....i found it difficult at first and i deaf.i think as hearing person and still do as spent half of life in hearing world but you got make effort and get into thinking set of deaf person asl is not enough

dog-socks.gif

Back