Help - Need new digital hearing aids

ZiggyBoy

Reaction score
Wish you all Happy New Year.

I need some advice here, my current digital hearing aids are 7 years old and were purchased as part of Access to Work scheme where my previous employer have paid 50% of the cost and the government paid other 50%. It was a great scheme at the time for deaf workers like me who needed the powerful digital hearing aids without waiting too long.

However the scheme is not longer available so I am finding it difficult now to persuade my employer to pay 4,000 pounds for Phonak Savia Art 411 digital hearing aids as replacement ones. And I am not keen to dig deep in my saving to pay this alone as it is a lot of money to me.

Also I believe the NHS is providing less powerful digital hearing aids that maybe useless for me. And NHS waiting list is endless with many people are still waiting for many months. That has put me off already to go through this channel.

As my hearing aids are getting too old and weak, I was wondering if anybody could advise me if there is any scheme/idea which would help me to buy the new digital aids privately without having to pay the full cost which is 4000 pounds.

And would it be cheaper for me to purchase Phonak Savia hearing aids in other countries than UK?

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ziggy
UK

Yes, it would be cheaper to buy a hearing aid in my country. For example, I can buy a Phonak supero 412 hearing aid for around $1000 or less in my country . and phonak power 411 max hearing aid is around $660 in my country..I live in somewhere in europe.

You are right, I have done some investigation and found out that Sweden, Germany and Denmark are offering these digital hearings at 50% cheaper than UK.

Something for me to think about.

You are right, I have done some investigation and found out that Sweden, Germany and Denmark are offering these digital hearings at 50% cheaper than UK.

Something for me to think about.

if you have friends whom you can trust then they can help you with buying hearing aids in their countries and sending you via air mail .

Can you be my trusting friend ;-P

Just kidding, I will need to go over there for hearing tests as the new hearing aids would need some fine tunning.

Ziggy, Shop around. The exchange rate of pounds to dollars is amazing.
Also, I think its important to shop around re: HA. Response to being aided is just SO hugely different for everyone, that you really can't say "oh a less powerful aid won't help me, or "analogs or less powerful digis won't help.

Back