Help Me With Some of The Acronyms

Keanusmom

Reaction score
Hey all,

I need a little help with some of the acronyms used in this forum.

SEE

d/Deaf

to begin with.

Thanks!

As I come across more I will add them here. :ty:

Hey all,

I need a little help with some of the acronyms used in this forum.

SEE

d/Deaf

to begin with.

Thanks!

As I come across more I will add them here. :ty:
I picked up that SEE stands for Signing Exact English.

SEE is what I'll have trouble *not* doing as I learn ASL. But, learning that ASL is different is a huge relief to me.

SEE is Signing in Exact English and it is not a language itself.

Deaf is someone who is afflitated with the Deaf culture and sign language..doesnt matter about the person's hearing loss.

deaf is someone who doesnt identify oneself with the Deaf community and doesnt use sign language.

Earlier today I must have thought of something else than acronyms, i thought it meant antonyms. Back then, my brain was kind of fried from today. It was my mistake, so I tried to edit my first post in this thread but for some reason there's no edit button. Is there a reason why it is disabled?

Earlier today I must think something else than acronyms, i thought it meant antonyms. Back then, my brain was kind of fried from today. It was my mistake, so I tried to edit my first post in this thread but for some reason there's no edit button. Is there a reason why it is disabled?

It only lasts for 60 minutes, I believe.

Earlier today I must have thought of something else than acronyms, i thought it meant antonyms. Back then, my brain was kind of fried from today. It was my mistake, so I tried to edit my first post in this thread but for some reason there's no edit button. Is there a reason why it is disabled?

Ohhh, cuz I was like :dunno2: Uhh, okay.

:D

SEE is what I'll have trouble *not* doing as I learn ASL. But, learning that ASL is different is a huge relief to me.

Same here, but I also hope that people who speak ASL will understand that I am trying to get it together. LOL And just answer the question. :D

Same here, but I also hope that people who speak ASL will understand that I am trying to get it together. LOL And just answer the question. :D

You are doing fine, and the majority of those on this board are, in my experience, very patient.

SEE1 is Signing Exact English, SEE2 is Seeing Essential English, PSE is Pidgin Signed English. All are manually coded systems that attempt to make English visable. The problem is that the eye and the ear process information differently, and therefore, are confusing syntactically.

Deaf with a "D" is used to signify a cultural definition, and "d" is simply the medical definition of not possessing normal auditory function.

Hope that helps some.

Back