Help me w/ my homework!

rabbit

Reaction score
OK, so for my ASL class I have a little story that I have to sign... I can pretty much sign it any way I want (as long as I follow the story correctly), but there are certain signs which I cannot use- in place of these signs I have to either act or describe what the sign is. I figure I'd ask for some help, see if I get any ideas. I will post the story below, the signs that have to be either acted or described will be underlined and bold.

1. You have a bad cold and go to see the doctor.

2. The doctor weighs you, listens to your heart, looks in your throat and takes your temperature.

3. The doctor tells you to wait- you are nervous.

4. The doctor comes back and gives you a shot in the arm.

5. You pay the receptionist.

6. You say goodbye.

these are my suggestions :)

cold - pretend sneeze, cough and hug yourself like you are freezing
Doctor - ???
Nervous - pretend you're biting your nails look around the room as if scared/nervous
pay - ??

Hope that helps some

sorry for the double post but I thought of one for pay

you could act out opening your wallet and grabbing money and putting it on the counter

OK, so for my ASL class I have a little story that I have to sign... I can pretty much sign it any way I want (as long as I follow the story correctly), but there are certain signs which I cannot use- in place of these signs I have to either act or describe what the sign is. I figure I'd ask for some help, see if I get any ideas. I will post the story below, the signs that have to be either acted or described will be underlined and bold.

2. The doctor weighs you, listens to your heart, looks in your throat and takes your temperature.

6. You say goodbye.

My suggestions:

Cold - get kleenex and cough syrup
Doctor - act out using stethescope or say "person who checks your health"
Nervous - say "feeling jumpy, worried"
Pay - use money like RDC_girl said

6. You say goodbye.

1. "cold" face expression like argh or frown. and rub your nose like sneezing with tissue. "doctor" I think use the letter "d" and put it on your wrist where they check your pulse.

3. "nervous" pretending i'm biting all my fingernails and face expression like omg or put two hands up in front of ya and make them shake with face expression (eyes shocked) and mouth shivering lol

4. "pay" use the letter "p" and put it in middle of your hand then slide it across to your fingers and off your hand. (like an example, you have bills or coins in your hands, you give the cashier from your hand to her hands) Hard to explain oppies..

Like RDC say about pay is easier..

1. "cold" face expression like argh or frown. and rub your nose like sneezing with tissue. "doctor" I think use the letter "d" and put it on your wrist where they check your pulse.

3. "nervous" pretending i'm biting all my fingernails and face expression like omg or put two hands up in front of ya and make them shake with face expression (eyes shocked) and mouth shivering lol

4. "pay" use the letter "p" and put it in middle of your hand then slide it across to your fingers and off your hand. (like an example, you have bills or coins in your hands, you give the cashier from your hand to her hands) Hard to explain oppies..

Like RDC say about pay is easier..

yea, rdc and missL gave out great suggestions, i think!! and i think you did too! but.... i believe rabbit said he CAN'T SIGN these!!! he needs some gestures in replace of the signs to act--- rdc gave great suggestions! and missL suggested using a stethscope.. (pretending to have one)...

hey, you guys did a great job though! :thumb: rabbit should be able to pass his homework with flying colors! :D

Thanks for all your suggestions everybody, I did really well on my assignment and the teacher said he's seeing ALOT of improvement in me :)

For "cold", I guess you could rub the bottom of your nose as if you really have a cold.

For "doctor", I guess you could make a gesture of checking your heart beat with the stethoscope.

For "pay", I guess you could just make a gesture of handing over some cash.

:dunno:

If you have to sign it exactly as you just wrote it then you are signing your story in SEE not asl. What you just wrote should be in asl glauss. Rewrite it into assl glauss, that may help you better to understand how to sign it.

If you have to sign it exactly as you just wrote it then you are signing your story in SEE not asl. What you just wrote should be in asl glauss. Rewrite it into assl glauss, that may help you better to understand how to sign it.

That was just the basics of what I had to say, I DID gloss it for the class.

Back