Help me choose a BEST BB or pager!?

deafsqrrl

Reaction score
My pager BB 7230 I think (LCD) has been finally broken down. I have had it since July, 03. I have been without the pager for two weeks!

Some advised go for 8700. Some said go for DASH. I am OPEN for any suggestion, BUT I don't want to spend too much - no more than 150 for a pager and $30 per month.

I would love to keep my BB phone number, but if it was worth a scarfice, I would go for a diff pager w/ diff ph number.

So far, Sidekick has $30 a month plan.

I'm still using Sidekick II. No problems... yet. ;)

So far, Sidekick has $30 a month plan.

I'm still using Sidekick II. No problems... yet. ;)

I am not interested in SK2 or Sk3. My hubby has it. I would like to have a new BB or similar pager. We are still with the Tmo. Will I lose my phone number if I opened a new account with the Tmo? Sometimes it costs cheaper to buy a pager by opening a new account.

I am not interested in SK2 or Sk3. My hubby has it. I would like to have a new BB or similar pager. We are still with the Tmo. Will I lose my phone number if I opened a new account with the Tmo? Sometimes it costs cheaper to buy a pager by opening a new account.
Mobile providers usually will let you keep the same mobile numbers. Just tell them you would like to keep the same number. T-Mobile Dash is nice... but I didn't like Dash enough to buy it. I would advise you to play with it for bit to see if it is what you liked.

Just wondering... are you set only on T-Mobile?

Watch out for thhe fine print on the TMO contract in regards to having to keep your old account for 180 days along with the new account with a free phone (BB). When my wife lost her pager, we had to buy a used BB online to avoid paying $60 a month rather than $30.

My pager BB 7230 I think (LCD) has been finally broken down. I have had it since July, 03. I have been without the pager for two weeks!

Some advised go for 8700. Some said go for DASH. I am OPEN for any suggestion, BUT I don't want to spend too much - no more than 150 for a pager and $30 per month.

I would love to keep my BB phone number, but if it was worth a scarfice, I would go for a diff pager w/ diff ph number.
deafsqrrl, I am sorry to hear that you bb had been broken down.. You better stick to bb.. I highly recommeding you to get 8700, which you should upgrade from 7230 to 8700g.. I have the blackberry 8700g I start to like a lots since my fiancee and I traded it. I pay 30.00 monthly, is not it cheap? :)

I wish you the best luck with right decision! ;)

I could be mistaken but if you on Tmoblie and your old BB should have sim card somewhere inside that you can remove and put in new BB.

Look like a small card with gold pads on them.

Remove sim card from old BB and get another new BB and insert sim card in new BB then it should work same phone number etc.

This what look like sim card
SIM-card.gif

You would not need to go Tmoblie store or anything to update account.

It should work once you put in sim card in new BB but I am not postive however I think should work.

But if your old BB sim card do not work in new BB then just go to Tmoblie store and they should update your new BB sim card with your old BB account and you still keep same account same phone number etc.

You can probably find BB on Ebay from someone with lots of feedbacks. Also BB must be supported by Tmoblie band in your area so make sure it right BB band for TMoblie ..... Sprint or Verzion BB will not work on Tmoble band.

Most of the time, T-Mobile won't let you start over with a new account when you already have an old account. In order to start a new account, you would have to have canceled your old account and wait a few months before starting a new account.

I currently have BB 8700g, I love it!! Highly recommend u get BB 8700g!!

what's the different between 7230, 7290 and 8700g

8700g has been out for 10 months soon to be 11 months. The 7290 is older, and the 7230 is a lot older. The newer one has more memory and a faster processor and works on EDGE networks. The 7290 and 7230 are GPRS only(slower). They all work well for email, but for anything else the 8700g is best.

8700g has been out for 10 months soon to be 11 months. The 7290 is older, and the 7230 is a lot older. The newer one has more memory and a faster processor and works on EDGE networks. The 7290 and 7230 are GPRS only(slower). They all work well for email, but for anything else the 8700g is best.

The 8800 is coming out this month which I can't wait.. oh god, I use to have 7280 it was alright but 8700 is 100 times better, better resolution, faster.... I want the 8800 lol.. Note: you may get a good deal on the 8700 price since it's been around a year or it's in 2nd year now which the new 8800 is coming out now.. good luck

I could be mistaken but if you on Tmoblie and your old BB should have sim card somewhere inside that you can remove and put in new BB.

Look like a small card with gold pads on them.

Remove sim card from old BB and get another new BB and insert sim card in new BB then it should work same phone number etc.

This what look like sim card
SIM-card.gif

You would not need to go Tmoblie store or anything to update account.

It should work once you put in sim card in new BB but I am not postive however I think should work.

But if your old BB sim card do not work in new BB then just go to Tmoblie store and they should update your new BB sim card with your old BB account and you still keep same account same phone number etc.

You can probably find BB on Ebay from someone with lots of feedbacks. Also BB must be supported by Tmoblie band in your area so make sure it right BB band for TMoblie ..... Sprint or Verzion BB will not work on Tmoble band.

Today is 3/10. I am surprised I can manage without having the pager. My family are whining for me to get new one. Hee Hee. But I am ready to get it now.

Yes I have that sim card. I don't want to go thru the E-Bay. Can I just go to any cell phone store? I am willing to pay no more than 2 hundred without going thu getting a new account.

Thanks. Sqrrl

Today is 3/10. I am surprised I can manage without having the pager. My family are whining for me to get new one. Hee Hee. But I am ready to get it now.

Yes I have that sim card. I don't want to go thru the E-Bay. Can I just go to any cell phone store? I am willing to pay no more than 2 hundred without going thu getting a new account.

Thanks. Sqrrl

Most carriers that sell pda or data phones for less than 200 dollar require contract with a new account so you will need to go to store and see if they offer a BB for less than 200 without a contract if you do not want to open new account.

However I do not know how Tmoblie does busniess so it something you have to ask them and find out how it done.

Back