Help! I need pictures!

nightcrickets

Reaction score
My son's kindergaren class is doing a presentation on ASL and deaf. His teacher asked me if I wanted to come and talk about my hearing aids. I told her sure.

I thought about letting the kids pass around my old hearing aids in a ziplock bag so they can have a closer look. I probably remove the mold because of stains, because I don't want to gross anyone out.

I want to tell the kids about the hearing aid that I worn when I was in Kindergarten in 1982 and show them a picture of it. But I can't find any pictures.

I worn a bodyworn hearing aid, the one that you wear on your chest. The teacher wear the microphone to speak directly to me. It is beige. Does anyone have a photo of it or can get a photo of it for me? I really appreciate it.

This helps kid understand better about my deafness. They did a puppet show about deafness when I was in Elementary school. I transfer another school closer to my home in 4th grade. When I got to middle school ( all local elementary schools went to the same high school), The only groups of kids that did not give me a hard time were the ones who watch that puppet show, the ones I knew from K-3rd.

Here's one!

SiobhaninKindergarten.jpg

My son's kindergaren class is doing a presentation on ASL and deaf. His teacher asked me if I wanted to come and talk about my hearing aids. I told her sure.

I thought about letting the kids pass around my old hearing aids in a ziplock bag so they can have a closer look. I probably remove the mold because of stains, because I don't want to gross anyone out.

I want to tell the kids about the hearing aid that I worn when I was in Kindergarten in 1982 and show them a picture of it. But I can't find any pictures.

I worn a bodyworn hearing aid, the one that you wear on your chest. The teacher wear the microphone to speak directly to me. It is beige. Does anyone have a photo of it or can get a photo of it for me? I really appreciate it.

This helps kid understand better about my deafness. They did a puppet show about deafness when I was in Elementary school. I transfer another school closer to my home in 4th grade. When I got to middle school ( all local elementary schools went to the same high school), The only groups of kids that did not give me a hard time were the ones who watch that puppet show, the ones I knew from K-3rd.

Is it FM system?

you are so cute :)

unforunately, that is not the kind I wore. I was hoping to find something that look just like mine but I will use yours as an substitute. Thank you :)

LOL......I remember having to wear that horrible body worn FM up til fourth grade. *shudders* Remember the harness?

I have a lot of pictures, but they're in my parent's photo album back home in Texas.

My mom didn't like the strap-on holder, so she redesigned some of my clothes to hold my hearing aid instead. ;)

your mom must be so cool.
I didn't really like the straps either.
One of the common outfits I had as a little kid was overalls. The overalls she bought for me didn't have a front middle pocket, so she would remove a pocked from the back and sew it on to the front... ta-da... a pocket to hold my hearing aid! :)

I have pics of me as a kid with the FM systems but they are all at my mom's house in AZ. When do u need the pics? I can ask my mom to scan them and email them to me. I hope she has a scanner...

BTW..so adorable pic of u, Lucia. :)

I have pics of me as a kid with the FM systems but they are all at my mom's house in AZ. When do u need the pics? I can ask my mom to scan them and email them to me. I hope she has a scanner...

BTW..so adorable pic of u, Lucia. :)

Thank you! I think I was about 3 or 4 at the time.

I remember wearing the FM system at the deaf school. SO glad they didn't make us wear the harnesses for the Fm. Instead we had fanny packs to hold the FMs. much better than the harness. By middle school, I wore a normal pouch, the one you'd clip to your belt or pants.

Back