Hello!

MsHmcd

Reaction score
Hi There,
I'm hard of hearing, I have a BAHA (Bone Assisted Hearing Aid) on my left side of the ear. It has changed my life dramatically. Without it I can't hear anything. I don't have an ear drum, big hole where its suppose to be. Before the ear drum,I have some webbed skin blocking it with a little hole thats opening up again. I do hear well with my BAHA, by reading lips.

I've started to improve my knowledge of the deaf culture/ASL this year by enrolling myself in a part time ASL class once a week. I know some stuff before I came into this program, but want to continue to practice! Almost completing my level 1 course ( 2 more classes left ) I'm continuing till I finish level 5. :lol: I'm not sure what I'll take after that, but I can have a better understanding if someone was to sign something to me, I just have trouble still not using full English with ASL... Trying to find some community (like this one!) to get to know the culture better.

Thanks again for reading

MsHmcd.

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. Whoa, you have split personality. I hope I would know which one of you so we don't get confuse. We will try to get along with one or the other personality when you post with us. I have a need to discuss or debate when we want to talk about some topic relating to deafness or Deaf Culture or any topic not relating to deafness. :P

I hope you have fun reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

Hi Everyone,

I am Dof Newbie here, Glad to post here and thanks to start Post like this its really useful for all newbie here like me.

Thanks

Back