Hello!

Azura

Reaction score
Hello AD!

I am Azura, a person of hearing though I have begun to learn ASL. Years ago, when I was a freshmen in high school my first crush was on a boy who was hard of hearing. He taught me a number of signs and the alphabet and since then my interest had been intrigued. I never had an opportunity to practice or use my beginners skills so my ASL fell on the wayside. But now I have motivation to continue to learn! My landlord and two of my clients and their dog are deaf (I work with their dog! Yay!). I see my clients every day and interacting with them is getting easier and easier but I still have a long way to go.
They teach me one new word every day and so far I think I’m going along well for someone who’s just starting learning in-depth a couple of months ago.

I look forward to learning more and eventually become fluent and more comfortable with signing (I’m a shy person as it is and maintaining eye contact is hard for me!) Grammar and finger spelling faster than a sloth is also a challenge for me as I want to sign exactly how I would speak the sentence aloud. If anyone had any tips I would LOVE to hear them!

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. That sounds great! I hope you enjoy reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

Thanks for the welcome guys. I'm sure I will enjoy it here =)

Back