Hello

tom_a56

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have never really used a forum before so new to all of this. I found All Deaf through Google which I am very thankful for, as I don't have any deaf friends and have been unable to find a student deaf community where I am.

I have been profoundly deaf in my left ear since birth, and have always wanted to meet people and make friends with people similar to me who can understand the problems of being partially or fully deaf, as hearing friends can never really appreciate it. I am currently in second year of university in England, I am hoping to start learning BSL soon. Not sure what else to put so I shall leave it at that.

I look forward to talking with you all, making some friends and hopefully eventually mixing in with forums ect.

Hello Tom,

Welcome to AllDeaf (AD) :welcome:

Like you I found AD via Google trying to find people who would understand the problems of being deaf. And I have found such people here so I want to encourage you to read the threads and take part in the forum.

When I first came, it was recommended that I read the Late-Deafened thread
http://www.alldeaf.com/our-world-our-culture/62953-adjustment-late-onset-deafness.html found in the 'Our World, Our Culture' sub-forum. This is because there are lots of contributions from deaf people and their struggles with hearing people not understanding them.

Explore AllDeaf more and you'll find threads for most topics under the sun, so there should be something of interest to you.

Finally I thought you may be interested to know that I used to be a university student at Newcastle so we have that in common - but for me it was many many years ago!

AJW

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. Just relax, reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

Back